Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • For The Greater Good Of God

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Seeing as you missed 'Brighter Than A Thousand Suns', its The Thin Line.
Its my Favourite album closer from Maiden (Just beating Only the good and Hallowed). Its so atmospheric and its such a nice end for Bruce's return.

I don't think this was mentioned on the commentary, but I read somewhere it could have been based on the end chapter of Brave New World and the Savage's view on 'civilised' humanity. Which, you know, would kind of make sense with the title track also being loosly based on the Novel.

Urizen said:
I went for " The loneliness of the long distance runner", because Harris said it's one of his weaker songs

Really? Thats interesting. The lyrics are a little awkward I must admit, especially the chorus. However, I think Bruce does a great job with it, and I don't see anything wrong with the actual music. I was a little amazed when I first heard it, because it wasn't the kind of melody I expected to hear from Maiden somehow, but I loved it all the same. I think its a really good song that measures up to many of the greatest Maiden epics not least because it just creates this amazing atmosphere and I really feel like I'm running a really long race and straining myself to breaking point. Great song, and I'm sorry to say I disagree with Harris on this one (I know, blasphemy). :blush:

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Anyone who disagrees is a prick!   ;)

What I ike about this song is the threatening side of it. The heavy riffing during the couplets, the haunting melodies of Dave in the pre-chorus, the haunting melodies of Adrian in the "post"-chorus. Of course the sublime midpiece, which is one of the most atmospherical parts of the whole Maiden catalogue. The lyrics are intriging as well.

Here the birth from the unbroken line
Born the healer the seventh, his time
Unknowingly blessed and as his life unfolds
Slowly unveiling the power he holds

Then they watch the progress he makes
The Good and the evil which path will he take
Both of them trying to manipulate
The use of his powers before it's too late

..are my favorite parts!

2nd place is TLOTLDR and right after that on the 3rd place FTGGOG.

Thousand_suns, I've noticed that you have been posting a lot in the polls.  That is good since we are all curious about everyone's favourites.  Yet, you never seem to express a reason why you like it.  We all like to know why you like your songs, solos, etc.

By the way, since you're new, I'd like to welcome you to the forums.  :welcome:

I voted for the Loneliness, partly because this thread hasn't been visited in a while but mostly because it is not only my favorite on the list but one of my favorites period.

Genghis Khan said:
Thousand_suns, I've noticed that you have been posting a lot in the polls.  That is good since we are all curious about everyone's favourites.  Yet, you never seem to express a reason why you like it.  We all like to know why you like your songs, solos, etc.

By the way, since you're new, I'd like to welcome you to the forums.  :welcome:

Nice. This post is a reply to Thousand Suns 2nd or 3rd post.  I noticed early that he never paid attention to rules.  Foreshadowing!  :D

Nice. This post is a reply to Thousand Suns 2nd or 3rd post.  I noticed early that he never paid attention to rules.  Foreshadowing! 

Foreshadowing hell! That's pure clairvoyance.  B)

thousand_suns indeed never paid attention to rules, that's why he got banned.

He had Brave New World too because at one point at least he was praising it.  Besides if you only heard one song out of a list, why not say at least that.  But that's water under the bridge.

LOL, that's true, BNW too  :lol:
(but this was surely after! I remember reading that the only album he's got is AMOLAD)
I doubt if he had Maiden's early works at all though

EDIT :
first album he bought : BNW
          albums he had : AMOLAD, BNW, Edward The Great

ps : I don't believe what I am doing right now

I went for TLOTLDR simply because it is the longest song title then realised it wasn't but still decided to keep my original choice becuase it is a fine track on one of Maiden's (IMO) finest albums and has two blistering guitar solo's on it.

Back