Kirk Hammet
James Hetfield

Oh, I forgot:
Tony Iommi
Ace Frehley
John Petrucci
John Levin
Roy Z

Hendrix is not the best guitarist, he simply was the most artistic, creating a new style of playing.

I disagree. Hendrix was the best guitarist in the world during the late 1960s. I challenge you to name anyone who was better.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Apr 13 2005, 05:38 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Apr 13 2005, 05:38 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I disagree. Hendrix was the best guitarist in the world during the late 1960s. I challenge you to name anyone who was better.
[snapback]102101[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You said he was the best in the 1960's, not the best ever.

Yes I did. And since he was...

a - Once the best in the world
b - Still among the best ever since he died
c - Highly influential

... he deserves to be included in the list being constructed in this thread. You did notice we're listing a number of guitarists, right? Not trying to decide who is #1, because that's impossible.

Jimi Hendrix was ARGUEBLY the best guitarist ever. But this is my list...

1. Jimi Hendri
2. Stevie Ray Vaughn
3. Eddie Van Halen
4. Buck Dharma (Donald Roeser)
5. Jimmy Page
6. Michael Schenker
7. Richie Blackmore
8. Joe Perry
9. Eric Clapton
10.Rudolph Schenker

~= Life is over in a blink of an eye, like hello and goodbye, until we meet again=~

Hey sorry kind of off the topic but. ..

The 7th Song dude, ya you know who I'm talking about, the guy obsessed with DRAGON FORCE. Nothing against you 7th Song, but the two guitarist you named are definitley not the top guitarist EVER. If you have ever heard Buck Dharma play in concert or Eddie Van Halen, you would know that there is better guitar outside of heavy metal.

Hey sorry kind of off the topic but. ..

The 7th Song dude, ya you know who I'm talking about, the guy obsessed with DRAGON FORCE. Nothing against you 7th Song, but the two guitarist you named are definitley not the top guitarist EVER. If you have ever heard Buck Dharma play in concert or Eddie Van Halen, you would know that there is better guitar outside of heavy metal.

* Correction for my last post. *1. Jimi Hendrix* not Jimi Hendri

[!--QuoteBegin-böclöc+Apr 18 2005, 12:47 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(böclöc @ Apr 18 2005, 12:47 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]* another correction.... *7th son dude not 7th SONG
[snapback]102342[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You can just edit your first post, mate... There's no need to post a whole post for one correction.

Looks like i came late on this one.
I think you all have named some of the best.
But question is who's the best NOW?
with me it's between Joe sat-ch steve vai and Eric Gales of memphis ( jimi h. reincarnate ).

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Apr 19 2005, 11:55 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Apr 19 2005, 11:55 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]True, plus I haven't heard many guitarists play that well and with such precision.
[snapback]102497[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think Adrain Smith plays very pricisely, too.

What, no more comments? Come on guys. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back