Best Ending to a Maiden Song

Chartwell

Trooper
I start this topic because, well, I tell everyone far and wide (including my suffering wife) that the ending of "the Clairvoyant" is my favorite ending of any Maiden song, and I think number two in the history of rock music behind the Beatles' "Day in the Life." The build throughout the song and the staccato ending pile drives that song to an end. Maiden have tried that same "da da DAH" ending in other songs, like in the Talisman, but I think they nailed it with this.

How about you guys? Best ending to a Maiden song?

The Number of the Beast. Simple, but really, does it get any more classic than that?

Just about every song on Killers had awesome endings. I'm trying to think of others,

Oh, that's the one I was thinking of. Especially live.

Damn, I agree with everyone who said anything here! I think that Maiden are geniuses when it comes to endings. It's so rare that doesn't end with a bang.

SSoaSS and Powerslave end so epically, they may be my favorites.

That hard stop on you haunt me, you taunt me you torture me back at your lair is pretty tough to beat. And yes, Phantom is one of Maiden's best ever.

Chartwel said:
I start this topic because, well, I tell everyone far and wide (including my suffering wife) that the ending of "the Clairvoyant" is my favorite ending of any Maiden song, and I think number two in the history of rock music behind the Beatles' "Day in the Life." The build throughout the song and the staccato ending pile drives that song to an end. Maiden have tried that same "da da DAH" ending in other songs, like in the Talisman, but I think they nailed it with this.

How about you guys? Best ending to a Maiden song?

I'm with you. The Clairvoyant.

Back