Votes: 6 13.0%
  • children of the damned

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • moonchild

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • childhood's end

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Easy pick for me. Children of the Damned is one of my definitive favorites out of all Maiden's material. I have explained what I love about the song in the "Favourite Song" thread. Wrathchild is a nice song, of course, and Moonchild really introduces the drama of 7th Son from the first chord, Childhood's End is perhaps the best song out of the ones I consider "filler" on FOTD and is really not that bad.

But none of these songs can touch the goosebump-inducing horror story known as "Children of the Damned".

Moonchild is one of Maidens best openers and as such gets my vote. I've really come to appreciate it more by watching the Maiden England video over and over.

Moonchild for me.  Some of the best "theatrical" singing by Bruce; I can really imagine him as the devil.  :ok:

It was hard, but I chose Moonchild. That opens the whole world that is 7th Son. Bruce sings it with a lot of power.

And of course, H's lovely solo  :D

I'm going with Children of the Damned. I think it's one of Maiden's most beautiful songs. The vocals and the guitar-work are brilliant.

AHHHHH, very difficult, I can't choose, but I the Childhoods End, but Children Of The Damned is also great. Moonchild too.

Children of the Damned, hands down. Bruce's vocals on this song are just so powerful, I get shivers down my spine every time I listen to it.

Got to be COTD. Fantastic song and one that got me into Maiden in the first place. Second to that is Childhood's End.

It's a tough choice between Children of the Damned and Moonchild. Moonchild just gets it as it will always hold a special place in my heart. I can still remember taking Seventh Son vinyl out of the sleeve, putting it on the stereo, hearing the soft acoustic guitar, Bruce's vocals, the keyboards.............and then FUCK ME!!! those power chords!! Great heavy riff throughout, two blinding solos, and the best album opener Maiden have done IMO.

this wasn't easy.......Children of the Damned or Moonchild........... :huh:

Moonchild only because they played it last feb-22 Mty, Mex

Back