Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
i pick No Prayer way too underated X factor gets honorable mention

I go with The X Factor. More musical depth, I still don't really like Bruce's singing on NPFTD and FOTD, and it has my favourite song out of all the songs Maiden made in the 90's (Sign Of The Cross).

No Prayer just does not have any songs that stand out. Fear Of The Dark has got too much filler, and VXI is too repetitiive.  I simply find more musical ideas (melodies, riffs, themes) that I like on The X Factor.

For it's a big question between FOTD and TXF.

Yes, okay, Brucie not himself anymore and Janick's not H and the artwork's not Eddie... Yeah, a'right. We've heard all this before. Oh and yes, okay, this album is not coherent as 80s works and is more like a song oriented album rather than a continuing piece of music (like, say, SIT for example).

Still, I think the strong side of FOTD is that every song has it's own soul, it's own style and rhythm. It's own music. This album is fucking diversified and interesting. What more, even though most of the lyrics here are quite not typical 80s Maiden (what most people compare this album to) - okay, you might not find your deep and sophisticated moments or the blood-pumping war anthems, but you will find other interesting stories, ideas and opinions from the band, especially Bruce.

Where on earth are you going to find a serious song from a famous Metal band about going to a football game? :D

Fear of the Dark gets my vote, guys.

I cahnge my vote to TXF.
I can't really remember the album well a while after the last listen, but I love it every time I listen to it.

Back