Basketball

I would say this definitely ends GS's Reign of Terror.
Next year for sure. As for the following it's also possible. GS's front office will have to ponder if they want to offer a max contract to 2 players that will most likely miss the next season and no one knows how deep their game will be affected by it. Plus next year Green enters his season before free agency and most likely will claim a considerable raise albeit he's entering his 30's.
The most decisive piece regarding the continuation or demise of GS's dynasty is absolutely in the hands of their basketball CEO (and his staff's decisions) and their medical dpt.

It is reported that GS is planning on giving Klay and Durant Max Contracts regardless of their injuries which would absolutely hit hard in their cap space by 21-22 season

$45,780,966 to a 33 year old Curry

$37,932,000 to a 31 year old Klay

$44,254,000 to a 33 year old Durant

holy shieete

2019-20 could be the most competitive NBA season in recent memory with the Warriors down. Especially if the Los Angeles and New York teams manage to pull something off in the off-season.

I'm most curious to see what ends up happening to Anthony Davis. Does he hold firm with his desire to be traded, or will he change his mind now that the Pelicans will be able to get Zion Williamson with the #1 overall pick?

Last rumours point to a trade with Lonzo, Ingram and the 4th pick with the Lakers. I'll believe it when it's done.

Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, 4th pick from this draft for AD. Gross, honestly. Would rather support Warriors to win than Lakers.

Now that's all confirmed all the Lakers need is a stretch PF or C and a couple of good perimeter shooters and defenders. No need for another superstar. If They manage to get those assets, if the majority of folks stay out of injuries and if Kawhi goes to the Clippers the next season will be really interesting. If these conditions are met here are my predictions.
The west will most likely come down to the battle of LA between the Lakers and The Clippers while Houston will also have a shot and teams like Denver and Portland are always lurking. As for the Warriors without KD and KT only returning post all star game I'm almost sure that the best they can do is to get to the playoffs and get eliminated in the 1st round. I'm curious to see how the Maverickswill perform ( providing Porzingis is healthy) and also how Zion and all those kids will fair in NO.
Out east I think the Bucks will still be a threat as well as the 76'ers. I believe the Celtics without Kyrie will connect again and even if Kawhi leaves, Toronto will have a word to say depending on the next star they'll aquire. Speaking of Kyrie I'm really curious to know how he'll connect with D'Angelo if the trade to the Nets is confirmed.
So ... yeah. This seems to be the best competitive scenario since 2015/16, before KD joined the Warriors and completly broke the already somehow fragile balance of power that existed between 3 or 4 teams (namely the Warriors and Cavs above all and then the Thunder and to a certain degree the aging Spurs)

Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, 4th pick from this draft for AD. Gross, honestly. Would rather support Warriors to win than Lakers.

Nothing gross, it's a fair trade. Pelicans arguably won the trade, you omitted the two additional first round picks they got. AD has one year remaining on his deal and made it clear that he wouldn't commit to anyone long-term besides the Lakers and the Knicks. Pels didn't have much leverage.

Nets are signing Kyrie and KD and DeAndre Jordan.
Indeed. This really shakes things up in the East. KD might be out the whole season as he recovers from his Achilles injury, but with Boston losing Kyrie, Philly losing Jimmy Butler, and Toronto likely losing Kawhi, that only leaves Milwaukee as the only truly dominant team in the East.

I think Kawhi will stay. But on a short deal.

Boston will likely replace Kyrie with Kemba. Butler? I have no idea.

Indeed. This really shakes things up in the East. KD might be out the whole season as he recovers from his Achilles injury, but with Boston losing Kyrie, Philly losing Jimmy Butler, and Toronto likely losing Kawhi, that only leaves Milwaukee as the only truly dominant team in the East.

The Bucks lost Malcolm Brogdon to the Pacers as well. That's a big one. Should've priotized re-signing him over Khris Middleton and Brook Lopez imo.

KD is estimated to come back in more or less 20 months... from a torn achilles. He will still be a top 10/15 player ... but not one of the 3 best players in the game like he was since the beggining of this decade. With the exception of Dominique Wilkins all the players that suffered that injury always came out of it depleted.

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George are going to the Clippers. It will be interesting, and pretty crazy, if the Clippers end up as a better team than the Lakers.

At least it's not the Lakers. I would've preferred if Kawhi stayed with the Raptors, but at least this is a challenge for him. Fuck the Lakers.

This season is starting to sound really great. The west is LOADED: Clippers, Lakers, Rockets, Jazz, Nuggets, Mavericks, Warriors (when Klay returns), Blazers and even the Pelicans. In the east there are 3 great teams also: 76'ers, Bucks, Celtics. The Nets have a lot of potential once KD returns and the Raptors will still be a decent team.

Back