Autographs at concerts

EvilThing

Prowler
I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck at getting an autograph at a concert? I'm going to my first show this summer and was thinking about trying my luck at it. I just want to know if anyone has had any success at it.

I am curious as well haha. I've gotten stuff signed by a lot of bands, but they were all much smaller in popularity compared to Maiden and only played in venues of up to 500 people. After the show they just sit right outside the venue and people walk up to em one at a time in pretty orderly fashion.

With Maiden, i'm sure they cant be seen in the open without CROWDS of people all over them, so I'm interested in seeing if anyone got to meet them after a show and how.

Yeah, everybody I've talked to says to just find the back door to the venue and wait around but I imagine there will be all sorts of security keeping you too far away to get an autograph.

I am curious as well haha. I've gotten stuff signed by a lot of bands, but they were all much smaller in popularity compared to Maiden and only played in venues of up to 500 people. After the show they just sit right outside the venue and people walk up to em one at a time in pretty orderly fashion.

With Maiden, i'm sure they cant be seen in the open without CROWDS of people all over them, so I'm interested in seeing if anyone got to meet them after a show and how.
Hey you're going to the Atlanta show right?

At the two shows I've gone to (Chicago, both 2008 and 2010), I tried my damnedest to meet the band, or just any of them.

Both shows I actually managed to find and talk to the head of security, and begged them both times if we could meet any of the band members. They told me no, and so I asked him about the possibility of it after the show, and I was told both times that "The band will already be long gone before the lights even come on in the stadium".

The best advice I can give is (you will need to know the outline of the venue most likely) try and be there as they arrive/leave. Most areas probably even have this area closed off, but you never know when they might possibly pop out in sight. Also, keep in mind the airports as well, you could always try and catch them there (you'd probably have a much better chance as they land, instead of leaving, since they will obviously be in a hurry most likely).

I would give nothing more than to be able to meet Bruce Dickinson and just shake his hand. I wouldn't even need an autograph... hopefully I will finally be able to sometime in the future?

After the only Maiden show I've seen, I had to come home fast because of school. Later I heard that some guys who were at the end of the exit line met Steve. Some security guy asked them something like, "Hey do you want to meet bandmembers", and led them to a room where Steve was. They took some pictures with him, though I dunno if he signed stuff.

You have to be extremely lucky to catch the band around the venue. I've been to 9 Maiden shows, and on two occasions a friend and I tried (and managed) to get to the rear entrance after the show, but the band usually storms out in vans even before Always Look On the Bright Side of Life starts playing, so there's very little chance of that. I'd say the best chance would be to somehow find out the hotel in which the band is staying and hang around the hotel bar the evening before the day of the show and on the evening of the show (after it's finished). From what I've gathered from various DVD documentaries and stories from people who've met them this way, they usually turn up for a glass of wine or beer before going to bed after the show.

Of course, this task is much easier if you the show is in a smaller town which only has one or two five-star hotels. If it's Atlanta or Chicago, I would imagine tracking them down would pose a bigger challenge. Perhaps try calling every 5-star hotel in the area and asking for Rod Smallwood's room. :D

Your best bet is trying to find out what hotels the band stay at and hang out there a couple of hours before the gig. Concerning the information, the best way is to find the diehards who make up the first few rows. Those are people who are in the Fan Club and have follow the band on tour for years. If anybody knows where to find the band before or after the gig, it's them. I've met Steve once after hanging around at his hotel in Paris for about an hour, and somebody knew what bar Bruce was headed for after the gig, although I didn't go. It was all thanks to such inside information.

I remember after an eighties show discovering a friend had ended up in tHe same hotel as the band and ended up shooting some pool with Dave and Steve.

Hi everybody. I'm brand new to this site and forum. I'm going to the Houston show in aug. This will be my second time seeing them live. The first time ever was October 1988 on the original 7th Son tour in New Orleans. Ace Frehley from Kiss was the open up act. I was trying to meet Ace behind the arena. While waiting A huge tour bus pulls up to the door next to which I am standing... The doors to the bus opens up, and out walks Maiden! They walked about 20 feet from the bus to the door to the arena. I didn't have my camera on me and when I leaned to Bruce for an autograph, a cop grabbed me! No sigs or pics but a cool memory! I'm hoping to get autographs in Houston but I imagine the best way is to catch them at the hotel lobby... :)

Thanks for the replies everybody. What about before the show? Wouldn't it be easier to catch them around sound check time? I'm going to the Atlanta show if anybody knows the best way around the venue.

I don't want to bother them at their hotel or anything. They deserve time to relax without having strangers bothering them. I remember Adrian saying something about not liking that on one of their DVDs. Anyway, I just thought it would be cool to get a record signed real quick at the venue.

Back