Atrocious songs from good bands

Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith - Eat Me Alive

An abomination of a song in the middle of an otherwise perfect album. I genuinely don't know what they were thinking when they recorded this, and no other song fits the bill regarding this thread for me like this does.

Crawford is a little overrated amongst BOC fans, but it's still a good song. I think the title track and Sole Survivor deserve more attention.
Definitely agree, also Heavy Metal: Black And Silver in all it's cheesy glory haha

My list:
Overkill - Promises
Motörhead - Talking Head
Motörhead - Living in the Past
Motörhead - I Ain't No Nice Guy
Motörhead - Eat the Gun
Gamma Ray - Heaven or Hell
Gamma Ray - Heavy Metal Universe
Kreator - Carrion (maybe not awful, but it's such a boring song compared to the rest of Pleasure to Kill)
Megadeth - Dawn Patrol (love Rust in Peace, one of the greatest thrash metal albums ever, never got this "song")
Rush - Tai Shan

Reactions: RTC
I think that's a sound effect (I hope) and not actually Dave imitating anything.....and if he was he'd be imitating moles not bats :p

Now I can only laugh
As I read our epitaph
We end our lives as moles
In the dark of dawn patrol

I always think I'm into it but then Dave starts imitating bat noises with his lips and then I'm gone again.
I think that's a sound effect (I hope) and not actually Dave imitating anything.....and if he was he'd be imitating moles not bats :p
O man, from the viewpoint of someone who can't stand his voice, it's amusing to see that it's not sure where these sounds are coming from!

Back