Anyone here know any PHP

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
I really am struggling to get Metalfans finished and with mini me expected around October I really could do with some help to get it going by then. Anyone know anyone who might be interested?

Congrats on your kid  :)

I'm fairly experienced with PHP.

I used to use PHP heavily and know it well, but I haven't done any work with it in about 2 years. So I have no idea how much of my knowledge might have become out of date by now. Also, I won't have much (if any) time to help you until September. But if you still need help then, I'd be happy to contribute.

Zare said:
Congrats on your kid   :)

I'm fairly experienced with PHP.
Thanks.
Define "fairly experienced". Do you know about classes? Writing secure code?

SinisterMinisterX said:
I used to use PHP heavily and know it well, but I haven't done any work with it in about 2 years. So I have no idea how much of my knowledge might have become out of date by now. Also, I won't have much (if any) time to help you until September. But if you still need help then, I'd be happy to contribute.
It hasn't changed vastly. I bigger move towards object orientated programming but the core stuff hasn't really changed. I'm almost certainly still going to want help in September so if you give me a nudge when you're free I'd love to get you involved.

I haven't done OOP in PHP (only functional programming), but I'm an OOP freak in Python, so I'm well versed in the concepts. I'll just have to do a bit of reading to see how it's implemented in PHP.

I have family visiting for the next several days, and I just got a new computer so I'll be spending some time getting that set up. But in about a week, I'll be ready to go.

Define "fairly experienced". Do you know about classes? Writing secure code?

Fairly experienced means that i've done some commercial websites. Yes and yes.

Awesome! then I'd be very interested in getting both your help if you're up for it.
Drop me an email at webmaster at metalfans.co.uk and I'll let you know what's going on and what I need help getting finished.
Oh and I am making the assumption that you've both used mySQL with php as well?

I haven't emailed you yet, RW... I'm still working on getting the new computer set up for development. Later today I'll be installing Apache, MySQL and all that good stuff so I can test everything locally. I was going to email you after I'm all set up, which should be soon (later today, or tomorrow at the latest).

Considering the time difference between us, I'd say you should get an email from me sometime tomorrow your time.

Sent.

Yeah, i've used mySQL because it's typical LAMP combination that you get with hosting plans and such. However, i don't like either Linux or mySQL. Longtime BSD user, and i think postgreSQL fits me better.

As long as you know how to write an sql query we'll be fine. We use mySQL but I have a wrapper class around the sql calls to take some of the repetitiveness away.

Back