Any Ideas On A New Album

EvilThing

Prowler
Hey guys,

I know Maiden are taking the current tour around the world in 2013 but does anyone want to speculate as to when we might see an new album?

Steve said in an interview that the band will start working on a new album after they have completed the tour next year. Having in mind the confirmed Rock in Rio 2013, I'd say they wouldn't do that in 2013 at all. More likely the first half of 2014.

I expect the album to be released in 2015. Then a tour and they'll retire in 2016 or 2017.

I would love to hear that they are actually busy gathering new material right now, but I doubt it. It would not make sense business-wise to continue the Maiden England tour if they could actually be promoting a new album. Given that Rock in Rio is in September, I suppose they will be dragging the tour on till then, and play South America, Asia and whatnot around that time. It's great for the fans there, because they really are putting on one hell of a show again, but it does mean that we won't be hearing anything new from them until 2014. So we're having another four-year wait, and I recall actually craving for a new Maiden album by 2009.

Back then, it was still tolerable because we were going through a flow of brilliant metal releases unmatched in intensity since the 80's heyday (although I would argue the mid-nineties were just as good). I was also still discovering new artists by the hour and had a lot of catching up to do. Of course, we also had the Somewhere Back in Time tour that kept us hyped.

Until now, the wait hasn't seemed so long because Maiden have always been there somehow. First, the Final Frontier Tour was not only quite long, but also quite late, so a lot of anticipation went not to a new Maiden release, but to actually seeing this album toured. But I guess I am slightly disgruntled by the fact that they opted for a Maiden England tour now, when they could have put that energy into a new album. Don't get me wrong, it's a great show, and I'm having shows #2, #3, and #4 booked already. But still, I can't help but feel that it's only the next best thing to a new Maiden album and tour. I guess that after the final curtain falls for me with this tour in July, the wait for a new album will feel very long, even if it may only be a year.

As long as the guys come up with solo albums to keep us excited, I'm ready to wait a long time for the next Maiden studio album.

In fact I may very well be more curious about a solo album from Bruce Dickinson or maybe even Dave Murray than I am for an Iron Maiden studio album.

Not about a new album but more so in regards to them retiring, there was an interview with Steve on Classic Rock Magazines site saying they'll probably be done within ten years.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/steve-harris-iron-maiden-gone-in-10-years/

I've read it before and it exactly is the reason why I said 2016 or 2017. The interviewer says 10, Steve says 5, mind you. I think the next album will be their final album and the tour for that album will be their farewell tour.

It's sad to think about but I can definitely agree with that. The way I see it, being a newer fan, at least I'll get a chance to see them before they go. Maybe even a couple times and I'll be eagerly waiting the new album, when that happens. We want them to go on forever but in a sense, its nice that they actually plan on retiring. Unlike The Rolling Stones who really SHOULD stop but don't.... I personally wouldn't like to see them to go the way of The Stones.

If Maiden confirmed that TFF was their last album, I wouldn't be mad. It would be an amazing ending. I hope they top TFF with their next album which is not an easy thing to do.

As long as the guys continue doing music for a while (solo projects, supergroups, one album projects by a group of people etc.) I'm not negative about Maiden retiring as a band. I've only seen them once, would like to go their farewell concert too.

I guess time will only tell. I can't wait to see what they bring to the new album.

It's almost certain that they'll continue to do other work. They won't have Maiden to really worry about anymore, when the time comes, so perfect timing to bring out more of their own work. They won't be retiring from music, just Maiden.

It's almost certain that they'll continue to do other work. They won't have Maiden to really worry about anymore, when the time comes, so perfect timing to bring out more of their own work. They won't be retiring from music, just Maiden.

Absolutely. Those guys are incredibly talented and creative musicians by their own, not just as a band. Many bands don't have that kind of a thing. For example, I would be interested in a new Metallica album, but I wouldn't be interested in a, say, Kirk Hammett solo album.

In fact probably the only bands whom I'd be interested in hearing all of its members' solo works are Iron Maiden and Dream Theater.

On "That Metal Show" Steve pretty much confirmed (1) they don't work on new material while on tour, so they won't even get started on a new album until the Maiden England tour is in the books, (2) there will definitely be another Iron Maiden album, and (3) it doesn't take them very long to write and record a new album, just a few weeks. All this suggests that they will probably start writing and go into the studio first half of 2014 and an album release date of fall 2014.

Given that they are all at or nearing 60 years of age, the notion that they will only be doing this for 10 years or less is not particularly surprising. I'm guessing one more album + tour, then one more "History" tour as a farewell, and that's probably it. Any more than that is just a hope, not a reasonable expectation. Plus, I get the sense -- based on comments he made on the Final Frontier bonus video -- that Adrian only has one more Maiden album in him, anyway, before he gets fed up and quits again.

Absolutely. Those guys are incredibly talented and creative musicians by their own, not just as a band. Many bands don't have that kind of a thing. For example, I would be interested in a new Metallica album, but I wouldn't be interested in a, say, Kirk Hammett solo album.
That's one of the things I love about them. Not only are they great together as a band, they can stand on their own musically too and as you said, not alot of bands have that ability. It's usually hit or miss when it comes to that.

Plus, I get the sense -- based on comments he made on the Final Frontier bonus video -- that Adrian only has one more Maiden album in him, anyway, before he gets fed up and quits again.
Are you referring to him not being that satisfied with Steve and Kevin being so dominant in the mixing process?
I feel the same. I even hope that when he leaves, that he mentions this. If the band really want to keep Adrian, then they should give in a bit more. After all he was the most creative member. If not, too 'kin bad.

I don't think Dave would do that. He looks more like the type who would play somebody else's stuff than come up with 10 compositions on his own. If he was able to do that, he would have done it already and written more songs for Maiden.

I don't think Dave would do that. He looks more like the type who would play somebody else's stuff than come up with 10 compositions on his own. If he was able to do that, he would have done it already and written more songs for Maiden.

He actually have said in the past that he would like to do a solo album. Still waiting for it.

I agree with Ariana but it would definitely be interesting to see him do a solo album. I'd just be interested on how it would come out and sound like. We know what a Steve solo album sounds like and of course Adrian. I want to see what Davey can bring to the table.

Are you referring to him not being that satisfied with Steve and Kevin being so dominant in the mixing process?
I feel the same. I even hope that when he leaves, that he mentions this. If the band really want to keep Adrian, then they should give in a bit more. After all he was the most creative member. If not, too 'kin bad.

I can't remember the details, I just recall coming away from the video thinking that he was unhappy with how the record sounded, and that he believes he is more of a perfectionist than the other guys about making sure everything is clean, in tune, and on key.

EDIT: I have to say I agree with him -- I've never particularly liked the muddy, sloppy sound that Caveman typically has given the music, though I think AMOLAD generally sounds better than the others.

Back