AMORPHIS SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Sampo wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Can't get these votes for Shaman (definitely not at this point at least). Such an awesome striking melody.

Last edited:
I admit that the song is simple and it kinda works like Drowned Maid. So not much new here. Still, it hardly has any weaker parts.

I agree, but just look at the remaining songs. Only 10 or 11 of these can stay, and I won't vote for old 4 songs at the top or House, Smoke, Weaving, Silent, Towards, Her Alone...

I don't like Weaving that much. It's heavy, but I miss some particular captivating parts (relatively speaking of course, in the company of its concurrents).

Moon/Sun, Leaves Scar, Born From Fire, Perkele, Same Flesh, Weaving, Towards, Black River

Man, I literally have no idea who this band is and I've seen this survivor sitting here under Symphony X for months now. I just got curious and looked up a few random songs...wish I had been participating in this one. Very cool stuff!

I only started listening to them at the start of this survivor, come and join us!
As a bonus, you've already missed the bad stuff.

There's some decent early stuff, it's more the middle era pre-Joutsen stuff that isn't as inspiring.

Cool, I'll jump in after this next round! Just to be clear, we're going with originals for all the old material and nothing off of the rerecordings from the Magic & Mayhem album, right?

Just to be clear, we're going with originals for all the old material and nothing off of the rerecordings from the Magic & Mayhem album, right?
Officially - originals. However, I have a playlist of the remaining songs that I update after every round and I replaced originals with the re-recordings once we got to Eclipse. Then it's easier to compare older songs with the new songs since they all have the same lineup.

There's some decent early stuff, it's more the middle era pre-Joutsen stuff that isn't as inspiring.

I'm refering to Tuonela to Far From the Sun there. Tales From the Thousand Lakes is excellent and Elegy isn't that far behind either.

Actually, thinking about it. Tuonela is alright, it's just those other 2 albums that I really dislike.

Officially - originals. However, I have a playlist of the remaining songs that I update after every round and I replaced originals with the re-recordings once we got to Eclipse. Then it's easier to compare older songs with the new songs since they all have the same lineup.
Personally, I find that reasoning going a little far. Songs can be compared whichever line-up they have. Of course, this differs per person, but is that aspect really more important than valuing the authentic material? Nah.

In short: songs are more important than line-ups.

Just my 2 cents, I respect your opinion. ;)

Back