AMORPHIS SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Sampo wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Reformation - 5 votes
Into Hiding - 3 votes
Silver Bride - 3 votes

Promoted:
The Castaway
Black Winter Day
Magic & Mayhem
Sampo
Sky Is Mine
Skyforger
Battle For Light
Song Of The Sage
Beginning Of Time

Silver Bride lost the tiebreaker against Sky Is Mine, based on the average number of votes.
Circle and Under The Red Cloud join the game!

Bonus tracks:

After the last few albums, Under the Red Cloud hit me like a shit ton of bricks. I'm honestly floored by the whole thing. Will have to listen at least 2-3 more times (on top of the 3 already) before I vote for anything off of it. It's all that good.

For now:

The Wanderer
Nightbird's Song
A New Day
His Story
My Future
Come the Spring
The Wind
Winter's Sleep

Some of those bonus tracks from Circle are far better than the album cuts. What were they thinking?!

Into The Abyss, New Day, Dead Man's Dream, His Story, Illusions, My Future, New Song, Skull, Winter's Sleep.

If people don't have White Night, it's on dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a16tv

1. The Wanderer
  2. Narrow Path
  3. Hopeless Days
  4. Nightbird's Song
  5. His Story
  6. Illusions
  7. The Skull
  8. Come The Spring
  9. The Wind
  10. Winter's Sleep
@Night Prowler Is it possible that the next round won't end before the next weekend ends (I won't have much time from Tuesday til Friday)?
I am asking because I'd love to know the last album (also one but last) better to make difficult choices. ;-)

Last edited:
Sure, take your time. Just bumped it since no one posted in a while and I'm voting/updating games :)

@Pand, looks like you aren't the only one to have no clue what to vote for. It's been 2 weeks and I still don't really know what to vote for.

So voted a few songs to get the game moving again.

Under the Red Cloud is great and The Skull is the worst song from either album.

Wanderer, Nightbird, Abyss, New Day, His Story, New Song, Skull (messed up song with a nice chorus), White Night

Narrow, Abyss, Enchanted, New Day, Dream, Illusions, My Future, New Song, Tree, Spring, Wind, Sleep.

1. The Wanderer
  2. Narrow Path
  3. Hopeless Days
  4. Nightbird's Song
  5. Illusions
  6. Sacrifice
  7. Dark Path
  8. Enemy At The Gates
  9. White Night
  10. Come The Spring
  11. The Wind
  12. Winter's Sleep
Best four songs from Under the Red Cloud: Title track, Bad Blood, Death of a King, Tree of Ages

Last edited:
There are simply too many songs. Culling!

Wanderer, Hopeless Days, Nightbird, Enchanted, New Day, My Future, Dark Path, Tree, White Night, Spring, Wind, Winter's

Tree of Ages probably has the best solo (click here!) of all Amorphis songs. And awesome riffing (here). I hope you will give it another chance.

Agreed, and I particularly love the folky intro, but unfortunately the vocals do almost nothing for me in the entire song and I'm a vocal guy at heart. It's an incredibly strong album and something has to go!

Back