Amon Amarth

ELH

Prowler
A brand new AMON AMARTH song, entitled "Cry of the Black Birds", has been made available for download http://www.metalblade.com/mp3/amon_amarth-cry_of_the_black_birds.mp3. The track comes off the Swedish viking death metal metallers' sixth full-length album, "With Oden On Our Side" due in Europe on September 25 (September 22 in Germany, Austria and Switzerland) via Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at Fascination Street studios in Örebro, Sweden with producer Jens Bogren.

"With Oden On Our Side" track listing:

01. Valhall Awaits Me
02. Runes to My Memory
03. Asator
04. Hermod's Ride to Hel (Lokes Treachery Part 1)
05. Gods of War Arise
06. With Oden On Our Side
07. Cry of the Black Birds
08. Under the Northern Star
09. Prediction of Warfare

There will be a limited digipack version containing a bonus disc featuring the following track listing:

01. Where Silent Gods Stand Guard (live at Wacken 2004)
02. Death in Fire (live at Wacken 2004)
03. With Oden on Our Side (demo version)
04. Hermod's Ride to Hel - Lokes Treachery Part 1 (demo version)
05. Once Sent from the Golden Hall (Sunlight Studio recording 1997)
06. Return of the Gods (Sunlight Studio recording 1997 – previously unreleased song)

thumb.php

"Grab your sworrrd!"
Damn, that's a pretty good track, typical AA, although I probably won't get the special edition...too many other CDs to get, and any Swedish metal outside In Flames is hard to come by here... :(

They must be one of the most underrated bands on the planet.  They are overtaking CoB as my favourite melodeath band, probably in my top 3 bands of all time. Fight for honour, glory, DEATH IN FIRE!

Conor said:
They must be one of the most underrated bands on the planet.  They are overtaking CoB as my favourite melodeath band, probably in my top 3 bands of all time. Fight for honour, glory, DEATH IN FIRE!

Good.  This track beats anything Bodom have done in the past 4 years hands down, in my opinion.

Saw them live a few weeks back at the Underworld. Really enjoyed it.

I also heard the new album in a special hearing at the World's End pub in Camden Town, if i'm honest it didn't impress me that much, but I will buy it and give it another listen.

They're touring the UK again in November I believe for those of you who don't know!

The_7th_Son said:
Saw them live a few weeks back at the Underworld. Really enjoyed it.

I also heard the new album in a special hearing at the World's End pub in Camden Town, if i'm honest it didn't impress me that much, but I will buy it and give it another listen.

They're touring the UK again in November I believe for those of you who don't know!

Any news on any gigs in Ireland?  I believe they played in Derry a few years back, so the least they could do on a 'UK' tour is to pop over to Temple Bar in Dublin :p

Raven said:
Any news on any gigs in Ireland?  I believe they played in Derry a few years back, so the least they could do on a 'UK' tour is to pop over to Temple Bar in Dublin :p
Please! Any tr00 Irish metaller knows that the kriegest venue is the Voodoo lounge :p

Back