Adrian Smith Is The Supreme Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
We're looking for a European moderator to join our team. Here are the candidates and their "manifestos" Vote above for your choice. This topic closes at midnight on Saturday 11th

dogigniter:
a. I worship Maiden
b. I know what a good post looks like
c. I know what a bad post looks like
d. I am a 'moderator' for the 'Iron Maiden Bootleg Trading Hub'
e. I consider myself a veteran of these boards, despite my lack of serious posts (which is to do with the amount of time in the day)
f. I'm a power mad drug crazed Nazi transvestite
g. Because I live in Europe!
(Ignore 'f.')

Perun
-Mav's proposition was what started this whole stuff in the first place
-I am a regular and have been for almost two years, and I check in at least twice a day. Therefore, I am on the BB frequently and have a strong and serious interest in keeping it clean
-I (almost) always participate in serious discussions, and some people have said they thought I was a mod already
-I hate seeing the forum rules broken
-I can, in 9 out of 10 cases, tell a serious post from a non serious post
-I believe I am fit for the tasks of a moderator

national acrobat
-I'm on the board pretty much all day (except for the odd hour here and there when I do some work)
-Although I'm fairly new to this forum compared to others, I consider my posts of a sufficiently intelligent nature not to be conisdered an idiot
-My posts are on the whole serious (apart from the odd absolutely hilarious joke)
-I think I could manage Moderator duties in a mature fashion

Not_Bruce_Dickinson
1. I'm in europe.
2.Well, that's where it ends.

Black Dragon
1: I'm on the forum quite regulary and have been here for quite a while to get the general sway of how things happen here.
2: I don't want the forum to be overrun with idiots so I thought it would be good for me to help out on that part.
3: I can deal with conflict in a mature manner without having to resort to cheap insults. I believe that the role of the moderator need not be viewed as a dictorial one.
4: Um...Mav reccomended that I should (does that one count? unsure.gif )

Conor
# I'm on the forums every day and I always wish for the maintenance of intelligent and intruiging posting
# I am European
# I am a bit of a bipolar (maybe this is negative)?
# I am dedicated to spreading the good news of Iron Maiden through the Bible of H
# I know how to use the list function unlike the others

Adrian Smith
THE POWER OF H COMPELS YOU!

ICH LIEBE DEUTCHLAND! PERUN FÜR KÖNIG!!! I mean Moderator [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Well, as I have already stated elsewhere, my vote goes to Perun.

Come on me! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

I would like to change my vote from Dogignitor to National_acrobat as I belive he could do an extremly good job on these boards, and would make a good mod

Will the winner of this vote actually become a Mod or will you just take everybody's opinions on board, discard them, and decide we don't need a new Mod after all RW?

[!--quoteo(post=131193:date=Mar 8 2006, 08:36 PM:name=brother_of_the_7th_son)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(brother_of_the_7th_son @ Mar 8 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]131193[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I would like to change my vote from Dogignitor to National_acrobat as I belive he could do an extremly good job on these boards, and would make a good mod
[/quote]
Done. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=131196:date=Mar 8 2006, 09:19 PM:name=Ascendancy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Mar 8 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]131196[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Will the winner of this vote actually become a Mod or will you just take everybody's opinions on board, discard them, and decide we don't need a new Mod after all RW?
[/quote]
*sigh* ::

[!--quoteo(post=131196:date=Mar 8 2006, 08:19 PM:name=Ascendancy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Mar 8 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]131196[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]
The winner of the vote will need the approval of all mods but I can't see this being a problem. It would be pointless having this vote if it counted for nothing wouldn't it?

[!--quoteo(post=131193:date=Mar 8 2006, 07:36 PM:name=brother_of_the_7th_son)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(brother_of_the_7th_son @ Mar 8 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]131193[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]

How much did National_Acrobat pay you to do that [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /] [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=131209:date=Mar 8 2006, 09:02 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 8 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]131209[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Looks like I might carry away a marginal victory...
[/quote]
I want to keep this a secret until midnight on Saturday when I will cast my vote but it's pretty obvious you are going to win anyway. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"B)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"cool.gif\" /]

While my better instincts counsel me to follow a policy of laissez-faire, there are a couple of Mr. Perun's statements I feel I cannot let pass. One of the first facts we should face is that Perun's uncouth declamations leave the current power structure untouched while simultaneously killing countless children through starvation and disease. Are these children his enemies? It is only when one has an answer to that question is it possible to make sense of his fairy tales because he is capable of only two things, namely whining and underhanded tricks. Yes, our sacred values and traditions mean nothing to Perun, but here is the point that is worth considering: We find among narrow and uneducated minds the belief that he could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. This belief is due to a basic confusion, which can be cleared up simply by stating that if we don't put inexorable pressure on Perun to be a bit more careful about what he says and does, our children will curse us in our graves. Speaking of our children, we need to teach them diligently that most of you reading this letter have your hearts in the right place. Now follow your hearts with actions. Perun claims that the kids on the playground are happy to surrender to the school bully. Predictably, he cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist.

Almost without exception, those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still suspect that this is a truth that Perun's apparatchiks are told by Perun that they cannot acknowledge, lest they give aid and comfort to the rest of us, have an obligation to do more than just observe what Perun is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to break the mold and stray from the path of conventional wisdom. We have an obligation to embrace diversity. And we have an obligation to expose his malversation. Whether or not he should pander to our worst fears ought to be a simple question, far beyond the realm of debate. However, he wants to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey his every command. To produce such an army, Perun plans to destroy people's minds using either drugs or an advanced form of lobotomy. Whichever approach he takes, the basal lie that underlies all of his nutty, scary publications is that diseases can be defeated not through standard medical research but through the creation of a new language, one that does not stigmatize certain groups and behaviors. Translation: The majority of callous four-flushers are heroes, if not saints. I doubt you need any help from me to identify the supreme idiocy of those views, but you should nevertheless be aware that I'm sticking out my neck a bit in talking about Perun's adages. It's quite likely he will try to retaliate against me for my telling you that he is locked into his present course of destruction. He does not have the interest or the will to change his fundamentally pathological sophistries. Finally, to those of you who are faithfully helping me fight the good fight, let me extend, as always, my deepest gratitude and my most affectionate regards.

It's been awhile since we've used the Random Complaint Generator. Remember the 10 page spiel you passed into Renouf?

Friends, Maidenfans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
The noble Iron Duke
Hath told you I'm ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath I answer'd it.
Here, under leave of Iron Duke and the rest--
For Iron Duke is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable men--
Come I to speak in my defense.
A province had I offered him, no two;
The whole of Asia Minor should have passed to him
But he demanded more, a legion
Not one or two but three, which I gave him
Yet he wanted more
The rank of Chiliarch was not enough for him
And bacon from Bithynia he hath despised
Canadian he demanded from Barbarian lands
Yet he told you I was ambitious
And Iron Duke is an honourable man
I'd brought many captives to the board
Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
Did this in me seem ambitious?
When that the IMBB hath closed, I had wept:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Iron Duke says I was ambitious;
And Iron Duke is an honourable man.
I speak not to disprove what Iron Duke spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love me once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for me?
O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause till it come back to me

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]How much did National_Acrobat pay you to do that [/quote]

enough [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

Late surge for Conor at the moment
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I am a bit of a bipolar [/quote]
must admit thats a pretty good argument. There arent enough homosexual arctic bears on forums these days [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=131338:date=Mar 9 2006, 06:52 PM:name=Real World)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Mar 9 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]131338[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Late surge for Conor at the moment
[/quote]
Only a miracle will close that lead of 18 votes Perun has [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[!--quoteo(post=131338:date=Mar 9 2006, 06:52 PM:name=Real World)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Mar 9 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]131338[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
must admit thats a pretty good argument. There arent enough homosexual arctic bears on forums these days [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[/quote]You removed the link so it looks like I'm a bi-sexual bear. At least I have a catch-all-policy [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
Bipolar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back