Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

So according to this new video, Dave is using Axe FX III now. Was this known already? If so, I might have missed this quite significant piece of info. Looking forward to videos about the rest of the band.

So according to this new video, Dave is using Axe FX III now. Was this known already? If so, I might have missed this quite significant piece of info. Looking forward to videos about the rest of the band.
I called it a while ago. Impossible to get so close to the SIT sound with a JMP1.

I hope this (and Nicko's drum videos and the other behind-the-scenes stuff they've done lately, like Bruce's whole thing from LOTB '22) means they'll also have videos on H and Jan's rigs. Logically they would, but who knows with this band.

Someone posted pictures of H’s picks on this tour and it seems that he is not using Ernie Ball exclusively. Are the Dunlop ones just for throwing in the public at the end? It is a bit unusual since he always used EB.

Attachments

• IMG_8911.jpeg
    IMG_8911.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8912.jpeg
    IMG_8912.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8913.jpeg
    IMG_8913.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 18
Someone posted pictures of H’s picks on this tour and it seems that he is not using Ernie Ball exclusively. Are the Dunlop ones just for throwing in the public at the end? It is a bit unusual since he always used EB.
Nah, it seems like they switched to Dunlops. It looks exactly the same as EB picks, just a different name.

Strings is a bigger question for me. Do they still use EB, or they switched to something else.

Nah, it seems like they switched to Dunlops. It looks exactly the same as EB picks, just a different name.

Strings is a bigger question for me. Do they still use EB, or they switched to something else.
Then what’s with the EB one? It is also with the current tour logo.

Then what’s with the EB one? It is also with the current tour logo.
I have absolutely no idea. I also saw Dunlop Dave picks. And those are dark blue.

But both picks look basically the same. Same material and everything. It's not like they switched to Tortexes or something.

Edit: looked again and it seems to me the Dunlop one is a tortex. And that leads me to believe that they are playing with Dunlops and throwing Ernie Balls. This makes sense to me, as Tortexes have better grip (1mm Tortex is my favourite pick by far).

My friend caught one from Davey and it was the EB one. One of those he only throws at the end.

BTW, all guitarists used Dunlops during AMLOAD era.

Last edited:
Photo from the '88 secret rehearsal gig.

Has Dave ever used a Red ESP Strat? He used a Light Blue one in 86-88. And Nicko's drum kit is black(?) Also, what is that SIT artwork on Bruce's vest?

Attachments

• im - live 1988 (secret gig).png
    im - live 1988 (secret gig).png
    765.4 KB · Views: 37

Has Dave ever used a Red ESP Strat? He used a Light Blue one in 86-88. And Nicko's drum kit is black(?) Also, what is that SIT artwork on Bruce's vest?
Considering this was a secret gig, it was probably a B-rig guitar (the one used when all other gear was already shipped somewhere). Cosidering that Nicko is also using a different drum set.

Noticed something pretty interesting here, at the end of Dave's guitar rack in the new rig video, is that a Henrik Danhage signature Charvel? The reverse headstock, white relic'd paintjob and the logo all seem to look similar to it. Caught me way off guard!
Screenshot 2023-09-19 184304.png

Noticed something pretty interesting here, at the end of Dave's guitar rack in the new rig video, is that a Henrik Danhage signature Charvel? The reverse headstock, white relic'd paintjob and the logo all seem to look similar to it. Caught me way off guard!
View attachment 29940
Yup it probably is. Colin played it during a soudncheck.

Also it seems like Henrik gave one to all of his guitar heroes when it came out. And most of them seem to like it.

Based on some other pictures I have, he first had it on the Japanese leg of Somewhere on Tour. I have never seen it played during a "regular" Iron Maiden show.

Attachments

• Red in Japan SOT-2.jpg
    Red in Japan SOT-2.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 31
  • red esp strat.jpg
    red esp strat.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 30
DM Charvel.PNG

Davey is currently touring with 5 guitars. White Andy Hicks Strat, Sunburst California Series Strat, Cream Floyd Rose Classic Strat, Henrik Dahage Charvel (with DM pickguard) and the LP Axcess from TBOS tour.

Finally a shot of Davey's Henrik Danhage Charvel. It has a DM signature pickguard. A white one.

I didn't know Steve played with the red bass on the VXI tour. It's a fitting colour for the album and the tour.

Does someone know for which song he used it for? I'm curious. Maybe for the encores?

Attachments

• steve and dave - live 1998.jpg
    steve and dave - live 1998.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 12
I didn't know Steve played with the red bass on the VXI tour. It's a fitting colour for the album and the tour.

Does someone know for which song he used it for? I'm curious. Maybe for the encores?
It's his B rig bass. Also used on the last date of 2010 tour.

Does anyone know who routed the body on The Kassoff Strat ('57 PartCaster) for the conversion to humbuckers? '77? I'm trying to establish a realistic timeline for "Super Strats". Ed might not have been first.

Back