Acoustic Guitar

A

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me who plays the acoustic guitar on the maiden songs that feature it?  Like the prophecy, only the good die young, etc.

Thanks

For shame, Hunlord. deathknight asked a reasonable and interesting question, and all you have to offer is sarcasm? You can do better.

Sadly, I do not know the answer to your question, deathknight. Hopefully someone more informative than Hunlord does.

The majority of the acoustic songs are played by Janick, e.g. Wasting Love (acoustic intro), Dance of Death, Dream Of Mirrors, The Legacy e.t.c. although on songs like Journeyman, all 3 play acoustic.

MaidenEngland787 said:
The majority of the acoustic songs are played by Janick, e.g. Wasting Love (acoustic intro), Dance of Death, Dream Of Mirrors, The Legacy e.t.c. although on songs like Journeyman, all 3 play acoustic.

I suppose you have this info from live gigs. Wasn't the question meant for the studio tracks?

We can never be 100% sure, but the songcredits might help. And indeed, as Maiden have always had 2 or 3 guitarists it might have been more than 1 in one track.

Cheers
Forostar

Bruce alledgedly played some of the acoustic guitar on 'Revelations' before the band had three guitarists. To be honest, I haven't really heard anything of that on the live videos, though I'm ready to believe he played it in the studio (for whatever reason).

SinisterMinisterX said:
For shame, Hunlord. deathknight asked a reasonable and interesting question, and all you have to offer is sarcasm? You can do better.

Sadly, I do not know the answer to your question, deathknight. Hopefully someone more informative than Hunlord does.
Sorry about that, I misinterpreted the question and thought that deathknight meant were there other guitarists playing the acoustic parts. My mistake and I shouldn't have responded so idiotically, I apologise to deathknight.

Perun said:
Bruce alledgedly played some of the acoustic guitar on 'Revelations' before the band had three guitarists. To be honest, I haven't really heard anything of that on the live videos, though I'm ready to believe he played it in the studio (for whatever reason).

I am sure he did it live (Live After Death video - he played the melody which Dave & H couldn't perform live since they did the harmony). I doubt that he did it in the studio, but you never may know.

deathknight said:
Can anyone tell me who plays the acoustic guitar on the maiden songs that feature it?  Like the prophecy, only the good die young, etc.

Thanks

I believe Dave plays the acoustic intro to The Prophecy, since he helped write it.  I'm not aware of an acoustic section in Only the Good Die Young, unless you mean the closing chords that mirror the intro to Moonchild.  In which case, I suspect H plays those, as he helped co-write Moonchild (I believe).

As for any acoustic pieces after Seventh Son, it's generally Jan who does them; Dream of Mirrors, Dance of Death, The Legacy etc.

Hope this helps!

deathknight said:
kewl thanks for the info guys

Inside the psyche of SinisterMinisterX, Mr. DICKtionary rattles the bars on his cage and screams:
Lemme outta here! Lemme outta here! I'll moidalize 'im!

An angel and a devil pop into existence on SMX's shoulders.

Devil : Come on, you know you want to do it. You keep staring at that word "kewl". You know you want to sound off.

Angel : No, don't be a jerkass. It's not a flagrant violation. Be nice.

Devil : Gimme a break. Probably half the people here already know you're a jerkass at heart. Just ask agdabavipainintheass or maCUNTaima.

Angel : Remember your New Year's resolution! You promised to keep Mr. DICKtionary caged up.

Devil : You already broke that resolution. Remember "translating" stewjay's post?

Angel : Damn. I guess you got me. Would you like to shoot me now or wait until you get home?

Devil : Shoot him now! Shoot him now!

Angel : You keep out of this. He doesn't have to shoot you now.

Devil : Oh no you don't. I've seen that cartoon. I know you're just having pronoun trouble. It's not "he doesn't have to shoot you now", it's "he doesn't have to shoot me now". WELL I SAY HE DOES HAVE TO SHOOT ME NOW! SO SHOOT ME NOW!

Bang!

Sorry, Mr. DICKtionary, you stay in your cage, where you can keep kewl.

:lol:

Urge to kill rising, rising, rising, ah... subsiding.

I love reading your Devil Vs Angel posts.  You should keep a thread full of these.  :ok:

Back