Accept

Very similar indeed, but both of these songs are much better for me, especially ''Stampede'' (awesome opener).
"Stampede" is enormous. It's powerful and very heavy. The best opener in Accept discography, better than "Fast As A Shark" and less timid than "Balls To The Wall", which enormous too but in its own way. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!
With "Too Mean to Die" it had to do with the pandemic and entering the US, but now I find it super weird.
I would never make a promo photo for the new album with a member missing!
And an important one at that, that was published as an ad in Metal Hammer!

The 2nd single is like the first one, structure-wise and everything. Better riff (Painkiller vibe) and verses, nice solos and riff under the chorus, but again really weak chorus. Not good imo. Typical song yet again. Where is the catchiness...

Yeah. He is part of the studio band, although Accept with 3 guitars is really odd.

TBOS or Firepower.
Considering 'Firepower' as the paramount metal album of 2010-2019? The studio output from the Faulkner era barely surpass that of the Ripper Owens era. TBOS has some great songs, but is far from as consistent as BOTN.

The best metal album of the millennium? Nah. The best heavy metal album of the millennium? Most likely. Blood of the Nations is peak Accept to me. Few heavy metal records released in the 21st century are as good as BotN, the band achieved an amazing thing with this one.

Also, if we're talking about the best albums of the current millennium, we gotta skip the records released in 2000 - the millennium started in 2001 :) So LPs such as BNW, House of God, and Resurrection can't be included on the list.

The best metal album of the millennium? Nah. The best heavy metal album of the millennium? Most likely. Blood of the Nations is peak Accept to me. Few heavy metal records released in the 21st century are as good as BotN, the band achieved an amazing thing with this one.

Also, if we're talking about the best albums of the current millennium, we gotta skip the records released in 2000 - the millennium started in 2001 :) So LPs such as BNW, House of God, and Resurrection can't be included on the list.
So, I can quote some greats albums like 'Once' (Nightwish), 'A Matter Of Life And Death' (Iron Maiden), 'Hellfire Club' (Edguy), 'The Metal Opera Parts I & II' (Avantasia), 'Ritual' (Shaman), 'Rebirth' (Angra), 'The Devil You Know' (Heaven And Hell), 'Lionheart' (Saxon), 'Angel Of Retribution' (Judas Priest), 'The Glorious Burden' (Iced Earth), 'Elements Part I' (Stratovarius), 'Tyranny Of Souls' (Bruce Dickinson), 'Black Sun' (Primal Fear), 'Black Ice' (AC/DC), 'Beyond Fear' (Beyond Fear), 'Train Of Thought' (Dream Theater), 'Legacy' (Myrath), 'Dead Sun' (Nightmare), 'Navrat Krale' (Kreyson), 'Rebelie Rebelu' (Citron) or 'The Rise Of Chaos' (Accept).

A bit off-topic, but do people actually think like this?
I don't see why they shouldn't. This is how we count millennia. Just like the 21st century started in 2001, the third millennium started in 2001. At least that's what I was taught in school...

So, I can quote some greats albums like 'Once' (Nightwish), 'A Matter Of Life And Death' (Iron Maiden), 'Hellfire Club' (Edguy), 'The Metal Opera Parts I & II' (Avantasia), 'Ritual' (Shaman), 'Rebirth' (Angra), 'The Devil You Know' (Heaven And Hell), 'Lionheart' (Saxon), 'Angel Of Retribution' (Judas Priest), 'The Glorious Burden' (Iced Earth), 'Elements Part I' (Stratovarius), 'Tyranny Of Souls' (Bruce Dickinson), 'Black Sun' (Primal Fear), 'Black Ice' (AC/DC), 'Beyond Fear' (Beyond Fear), 'Train Of Thought' (Dream Theater), 'Legacy' (Myrath), 'Dead Sun' (Nightmare), 'Navrat Krale' (Kreyson), 'Rebelie Rebelu' (Citron) or 'The Rise Of Chaos' (Accept).
A lot of nice LPs! To me, The Rise of Chaos is the weakest output by the Tornillo era Accept, but it's still satisfying and has some great bangers. If Humanoid is as good as TRoCh, I'll be happy. The singles sound decent, but I'm still waiting for the song that will make me say "Hell yeah, this is Accept I love". 3 years ago I felt that while listening to Zombie Apocalypse.
The Devil You Know is definitely superior to 13. Such a shame that they didn't have the time to record another album.

''Well, the potential good is that, yeah, you can create sometimes… Like, for instance, I tried it for lyrical ideas, and it's scary good, to be honest. You can just say, 'Hey, write me a song lyric' or something, [and] it spits out some pretty amazing stuff. But, of course, you have to say, 'Is this really what I wanted to say? And is it me? Well, then how would I really say it?' So you still have to tweak it and stuff. And we ended up never using any of it, but for songwriting and demoing stuff, I was quite intrigued; I found it intriguing. It gives you a bunch of ideas that you hadn't thought about. And, of course, I've seen some images that were done with A.I. that I thought, 'Whoa.' A designer or a human would have to spend a lot of hours creating that thing, but it spits it out like that. The shadow and downside of this is, of course, that people might lose their jobs over it. And the downside is also that it's not really, truly original. A.I. doesn't really think of this stuff. It just looks at all the other stuff that was created by people and turns it into a different, new version. It uses, in the case of music, for instance, existing songs and creates a new version kind of like it, but it doesn't do it out of the blue sky; it looks at your stuff that somebody created.''

Rock Hard Germany, April 2024

My translation

How do Accept recordings actually work?

Uwe Lulis: "Wolf Hoffmann does them more or less alone. After the departure of Peter Baltes (b. - wk), I'm more involved in the songwriting.
Wolf and I sit here in the studio and bang out the riffs. As soon as everything is recorded, Andy Sneap is sent the material and mixes it. He delivers good productions, but they're not necessarily my thing. I like it more organic and I'm more into the raw productions of the band, especially those of "Breaker".
Since Wolf hadn't picked up a guitar for 5 years and was more into photography, he was more or less out of the music scene, especially with
the massive changes in studio work. Wolf trusts Andy blindly, and its success proves them right. Wolf doesn't even want to produce,
but delegates a lot to Andy.

Back