AC/DC

I was eager to see this Band live and they're playing on a Friday which is followed by a holiday here in Germany. But I'm not gonna pay 310 Euros for 2 tickets.

Probably seeing Live Wire or Barock for 30 Euros then

I was eager to see this Band live and they're playing on a Friday which is followed by a holiday here in Germany. But I'm not gonna pay 310 Euros for 2 tickets.

Probably seeing Live Wire or Barock for 30 Euros then
Same. By the time I got through for Dublin tickets, standing was gone and it was €146 for a seat and I would have been sitting alone. So fuck that.

Got tickets for Therapy? and Gogol Bordello instead.

Have fun then. Gelsenkirchen is sold out, both nights. That's around 130000 tickets gone. Crazy.

I'm only about to break bank for a gig when it's maiden's last one ever
Got Vienna second night. Floor. Decided to see the Jonna/Young orchestra, since Maiden Euro gig looks unlikely this year and I haven't seen them before

Paid €187 for golden circle standing in Dublin and €182 for golden circle in Dresden. Might have to sell on the Dresden ticket, not sure if I'll be able to make the date yet, but delighted to have at least golden circle for Dublin.

Ticketmaster are horrible though, they kept standing tickets back and just released them later at higher prices. €335 general standing for Dublin or €440 for gold circle. Seville standing all gone then all of a sudden gold circle available now €317. Same with Wembley.

Glad AC/DC are the only band I would experience this kind of FOMO for. Once they're done touring I think I'm probably done with big outdoors concerts. Don't think there's another band I would feel I can't miss.

A mate did the hard work and got our tickets, got upper tier in the Hogan Stand, basically had 30,000 ahead of him when he logged in so was happy to take them.

I didn't go to the Point in 95, but I imagine ticket prices were probably between IR£10 and IR£20 in those days and it was half full, some jump in prices and attendances since then.

They did a queue thing which I'd not seen before, ye can join the queue from 10mins before they go on sale. I joined at 7mins to 9am and I ended up number 35,400 in the queue.

I would have taken seats but the guy I was goin with wanted standing or nothing and I didn't wanna sit alone. I went to several gigs alone last year and I've lost the love for it. It's a shame nearly all of my old gig goin comrades are now boring as fuck and don't go out anymore.

I had tickets for DC in Dublin in 95 but my lift bailed and I was 12 so I wasn't allowed to go alone. I thought I had forgiven him but typing this has made me realise that I have not, not one bit, no ma'am.

They did a queue thing which I'd not seen before, ye can join the queue from 10mins before they go on sale. I joined at 7mins to 9am and I ended up number 35,400 in the queue.

I would have taken seats but the guy I was goin with wanted standing or nothing and I didn't wanna sit alone. I went to several gigs alone last year and I've lost the love for it. It's a shame nearly all of my old gig goin comrades are now boring as fuck and don't go out anymore.

I had tickets for DC in Dublin in 95 but my lift bailed and I was 12 so I wasn't allowed to go alone. I thought I had forgiven him but typing this has made me realise that I have not, not one bit, no ma'am.

I was a fool in 95, I was 15 and AC/DC weren't "cool" anymore

A mate did the hard work and got our tickets, got upper tier in the Hogan Stand, basically had 30,000 ahead of him when he logged in so was happy to take them.

I didn't go to the Point in 95, but I imagine ticket prices were probably between IR£10 and IR£20 in those days and it was half full, some jump in prices and attendances since then.

The ticket price when I first saw them live back in 1996 (in Madrid, at one of the gigs recorded for the No Bull live video) was 3500 pesetas, which translates into 21€!

In 2000 it was 5500 pesetas (33€), while in 2009 it was 73.50€ (cheaper than seeing Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band that year).

I am happy to live with the memories from those gigs by the GREATEST HARD ROCK BAND EVER!

tumblr_n5u594NP8W1smgou0o1_400.gif

Just keep an eye on Ticketmaster resale and in the week coming up to the gig. More production standing will be released periodically and there will also be lots of people selling who need the money/bought them abroad and couldn't get a hotel in hotel in Dublin.

Always the case with these huge gigs, they sell out 9am on the day but tickets usually freely available sometimes for even less than face value come the actual week of the gig.

Someone posted a ticket on another forum, quite dear for those days, I think Maiden that January was 11 or 12 quid

ticket.JPG

To see Maiden in Madrid 6 years ago it was 100 € I didn't go.
AC/DC 120 € the cheapest ticket right now. I won't go. That suppose to take hotel for one night in the weekend in June, in Seville (maybe 35 ºC). Crazy!
The travel cost, eat… it could be rise to 400€ easily. They were ok at Powertrip but I noticed a great lack of energy.

Maiden show in 1995 I think it was 3500 pesetas = 30 €

30€ was 5000 pesetas. They were not even starting charging those prices on the reunion tour (the ticket price for the 1999 show I went to was 4000 pesetas, i.e., 24€).

The ticket price when I saw Maiden for the first time in 1996 was 2200 pesetas (approximately 13.20€), with Helloween as the support band!

30€ was 5000 pesetas. They were not even starting charging those prices on the reunion tour (the ticket price for the 1999 show I went to was 4000 pesetas, i.e., 24€).

The ticket price when I saw Maiden for the first time in 1996 was 2200 pesetas (approximately 13.20€), with Helloween as the support band!
YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

Back