6th October 2006 - Boston, Massachusetts – USA

A

Anonymous

Well, you know the drill. Post reviews and pictures here and don't forget the spoiler tags when relevant.

Cheers!  :)

Just back from the show...
It was the exact same set list as Hartford. Bruce wore the same outfit (same t-shirt). The opening band Bullet For My Valentine was too heavy I think - like speed metal. Great drummer, good guitar, but it was mostly screaming. The Maiden show was awesome. I had a great seat, and got there kinda early, so I got to meet Rod Smallwood. A little big in the gut wearing a leather jacket. Very fine fellow though, I think he was a little surprised someone made a big deal out of meeting him. I didn't get to take a pic with him (there was a security guard right in front of us & we weren't supposed to have cameras). I should have had it taken, because I took plenty of pictures during the show. I took a little video too, which is okay, but I used my camera and the volume is distorted because it was so loud. There were a few times when Bruce's mic went out, but by then the crowd was singing and almost made up for it. The played the album through. They screwed up The Legacy pretty badly - Janick's guitar was WAY out of tune. Bruce later said he would kick the guitar tech's ass. I think he should - it threw Dave off a bit. There was also a time when Bruce was singing and there was no spot on him. You couldn't tell where he was (up sitting on the top of the left wall). He asked someone for a spot, etc. and called the lighting guy a twat during the song. Kinda funny. The crowd went totally nuts when they played Fear of the Dark - and it just got better from there. I honestly think they should think about playing a few more older songs. The crowd was so wild near the end I was hoping for a second encore. It was pretty electric towards the end. I almost caught a drum head, but some kid a few seats to the right managed to get it before it got to me. He probably loves it more than I would anyway. In all, I would give this concert a 8/10. The opening act I didn't really care too much for. A few glitches and The Legacy was kind of screwed up. Other than that, I was a sweaty mess.

Up the irons and go!!

The above review was pretty spot on. But Bruce also botched the lyrics to "The Longest Day" pretty badly. He sang the first verse twice and screwed up the words a tad. Regardless it was a great show, and i had great seats. Maiden has such a powerful stage presence, and it's something amazing when it feels like one of the band members is staring you straight in the eye. After seeing the first 2 dates of this tour, it almost saddens me to not be able to see any more of the shows. I could see Maiden live every single day and never get tired of it.

I had so much fun at the Boston show. It was over in what felt like a half-hour. I could have gone for another two hours easily, although I would have been really sore the next day.

My ears are still ringing a little bit today, and when that goes away I'll be a little sad. I'm trying to get to Montreal, but a weekday concert is truly an odd thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT5bm-TT1SY

i saw that show, best damn concert i've ever been too! my neck's still killing my from all the headbanging. we waited after the show and got steve, bruce, and nicko's autograph and pictures with them. if anyone wants to see let me know

if they are touring anywhere around you, GO!! you will have the time of your life

Here are pictures of me and Steve, Bruce and Nicko, I'm wearing the Number of the Beast shirt  :)

my favorite bassist ever

I'm actually about an inch or so taller than Bruce but you can't tell in this pic

Nicko was so cool, he spent about 15 - 20 mins. with everyone, talking and answering questions
He also looked me and my bro in the eye and said, "Keep rocking you guys because you're the next generation and you have to carry the torch because I don't have many years left." How cool is that?

edolecki said:
They screwed up The Legacy pretty badly - Janick's guitar was WAY out of tune. Bruce later said he would kick the guitar tech's ass.

Finally heard the bootleg of this gig. Unbelievable stuff ! TERRIBLY out of tune, indeed. It's so terrible that Bruce had to laugh during the first moments, but I can imagine that the roady was fired immediately after the show.

A strange show, also because of the sound problems. During the intro of FTGGOG Bruce says "Overhere - on top of the speakers! Twat.", probably directed at someone responsible for his own sound

Actually, he called a lighting guy a twat. Bruce was sitting on top of the riser thing to the right of N, our left, and was singing in the dark. The guy with the spot didn't hit Bruce for a while, so we heard Bruce singing but didn't really see him for a bit.

edolecki said:
Actually, he called a lighting guy a twat. Bruce was sitting on top of the riser thing to the right of N, our left, and was singing in the dark. The guy with the spot didn't hit Bruce for a while, so we heard Bruce singing but didn't really see him for a bit.

Alright, thanks :)

Forostar said:
Finally heard the bootleg of this gig. Unbelievable stuff ! TERRIBLY out of tune, indeed. It's so terrible that Bruce had to laugh during the first moments, but I can imagine that the roady was fired immediately after the show.

A strange show, also because of the sound problems. During the intro of FTGGOG Bruce says "Overhere - on top of the speakers! Twat.", probably directed at someone responsible for his own sound

Do you know where I could get a copy of this bootleg?

Back