2015 Remasters on CD

I wonder have they scrapped the last 3 or are they just splitting it into two batches to fill the covid-19 downtime.

I wonder have they scrapped the last 3 or are they just splitting it into two batches to fill the covid-19 downtime.

Maybe they will release them later, then somehow link them to other announcement (upcoming anything like next tour, new album or something).

Got the CDs this morning, nothing huge to write home about since I already had the hi def flac downloads of these albums, but I was wondering if they'd split LAD like the original album, i.e side 1 and 2 on one disc and 3 and 4 on the other. Sadly, they did it like the 98 remasters with side 4 on a disc of it's own. It's not a major problem but a shame when everything else has been fairly faithful to the original releases. At least the booklet fits nicely into the digipack which is not the case with the original CD:lol:

Disclaimer: I have not bought any of the remasters, but this has been discussed at the official Iron Maiden fan club forum and I thought it would be worth posting it here.

Apparently there is a limited edition of the Somewhere in Time re-re-re-release that comes with an Eddie figurine and a background of the cover to showcase it as a diorama. According to the folks at the fan club forum, this is the picture in question:

Somewhere-In-Time-iron-maiden-19331223-1700-1077.jpg

Nothing wrong with that, I hear you say?

Well, if you zoom in you can see an internet link to www.maidencroatia.com, something that obviously did not exist back in 1986!

IMG_20200624_002033.jpgIMG_20200624_002506.jpg

Puzzling, right? Well, it seems that the founder of Maiden Croatia (unofficial Croatian Fan Club, sells unofficial books about the band among other things) did create a wallpaper based on the Somewhere in Time cover some years ago that can still be found online (you just have to google images for "Iron Maiden Somewhere in Time Wallpaper") that also includes references to a band (Rising Dreams) and nightclub (Satir) he managed back in the day... Obviously, these were not part of the original artwork.

As the "creator" of this wallpaper has had nothing to do with the re-re-re-releases, we can assume that someone at Iron Maiden's HQ found the picture and decided to use if for this release, subsequently sanctioned by Rod and Steve.

Fucking hell with Steve Harris the perfectionist! Quality control, my arse!!!!

Disclaimer: I have not bought any of the remasters, but this has been discussed at the official Iron Maiden fan club forum and I thought it would be worth posting it here.

Apparently there is a limited edition of the Somewhere in Time re-re-re-release that comes with an Eddie figurine and a background of the cover to showcase it as a diorama. According to the folks at the fan club forum, this is the picture in question:

View attachment 12266

Nothing wrong with that, I hear you say?

Well, if you zoom in you can see an internet link to www.maidencroatia.com, something that obviously did not exist back in 1986!

View attachment 12267View attachment 12268

Puzzling, right? Well, it seems that the founder of Maiden Croatia (unofficial Croatian Fan Club, sells unofficial books about the band among other things) did create a wallpaper based on the Somewhere in Time cover some years ago that can still be found online (you just have to google images for "Iron Maiden Somewhere in Time Wallpaper") that also includes references to a band (Rising Dreams) and nightclub (Satir) he managed back in the day... Obviously, these were not part of the original artwork.

As the "creator" of this wallpaper has had nothing to do with the re-re-re-releases, we can assume that someone at Iron Maiden's HQ found the picture and decided to use if for this release, subsequently sanctioned by Rod and Steve.

Fucking hell with Steve Harris the perfectionist! Quality control, my arse!!!!
Went for :lol: but also :facepalm: and :ok:

Is it on something inside the case?

I have both the regular CD and the box with model, but the model box is still sealed, no mention of Maiden Croatia visible to me

Thank God I've no re-releases or remasters. Just I bought a gatefold digipack of Piece of Mind with an unreadable lyrics of the booklet and a picture of the band while recording powerslave and another pic of Steve from Somewhere on tour

Thank God I've no re-releases or remasters. Just I bought a gatefold digipack of Piece of Mind with an unreadable lyrics of the booklet and a picture of the band while recording powerslave and another pic of Steve from Somewhere on tour

The latest edition released in 2018 does have easily readable lyrics and correct pictures.
As seen here: https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-Piece-Of-Mind/release/12800968
Is the version you're talking here, is it the 2014 edition released in Italy (or is it some else) I haven't seen that particular edition in real life, but it has the 1998 remastered audio and I believe that the booklet must mirror the same stuff that was on 1998 edition.
This is the 2014 Italy-version: https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-Piece-Of-Mind/release/5860999

Got the CDs this morning, nothing huge to write home about since I already had the hi def flac downloads of these albums, but I was wondering if they'd split LAD like the original album, i.e side 1 and 2 on one disc and 3 and 4 on the other. Sadly, they did it like the 98 remasters with side 4 on a disc of it's own. It's not a major problem but a shame when everything else has been fairly faithful to the original releases. At least the booklet fits nicely into the digipack which is not the case with the original CD:lol:

How about the booklet? Any new pics or anything else changed around? I read from FC-forums that there are some error's there on page that lists Nicko's drumkit.
Im waiting for my copies of "Rock In Rio" and also the collector's edition boxset of "Live After Death". Hopefully will receive them soon.

Yep, I just checked it's on the small folded card that was with the boxset. Kinda funny thing to spot.

Also odd that it's not on the rest of the packaging, unless the model and backing card were made separately from the CD

Last edited:
How about the booklet? Any new pics or anything else changed around? I read from FC-forums that there are some error's there on page that lists Nicko's drumkit.
Im waiting for my copies of "Rock In Rio" and also the collector's edition boxset of "Live After Death". Hopefully will receive them soon.

It has yellow text on a blue background which is superior to the original CD.

I'm not going to go through it with a fine tooth comb, but it looks similar enough, same amount of pages, a quick glance shows roughly the same content on the pages, although not the exact same as obviously there's more tracks than was on the original CD release therefore more lyrics.

"Nick McBrain" seems to be error
674790.jpg

I have that box. It's a really low quality product overall. The boxes are made of really thin cardboard that is impossible not to squash. I got mine from Amazon because all the boxes I saw in store were damaged. And of course, so was the one I got delivered. You'd expect a minimum of sturdiness from the material. The Eddie is nice, but still rather cheaply made (plus a lot of details are off), the patch is a joke and the fact that they would just download the artwork from the internet and print it out rather than do a print based on the original artwork really adds insult to injury.

HOMER
I'll field that one. Let me ask you a question. Why would a man whose shirt says "Genius at Work" spend all of his time watching a children's cartoon show?

DOUG
(embarrassed) I withdraw my question. (eats a chocolate bar)

It's the 1998 CD from Santuary Music and Metal.com on it. It's weird because I thought Metal.com came in 2000 and this edition comes with a pair of stickers promoting roundhouse tapes CD and Rock in Rio double CD. I don't remember when I bought it but I'm sure it wasn't 1998

PIECE-BACK.jpg
PIECE-GATEFOLD.jpg

piece-book03-04.jpg

piece-book11-12.jpg

piece-book15-16.jpg

Back