18th Studio Album discussion

I'm not necessarily taking this as meaning literally that the album will be in 2026 as that's a bit of a weird timeline. Greatest hits tour for 2025/2026 and then an album after? It's possible I guess, but that probably means no album tour. On the other hand, maybe it turns out they like releasing an album on a year with no tour (2015, 2021) and want to do that again. Album release in 2025 without a tour, full tour kicks off the following year. That seems less likely to me but it's odd for Bruce to mark 2026 as the year of touring.

I do read it as clearly referring to a new Maiden album though.

This could be read as "there's a big Maiden tour in 2026" and "another solo album". Wouldn't say it's conclusive.
Exactly this, he has been floating the idea about another solo album recently, this isnt 100% he meant a Maiden album.

It's interesting he is now talking about a 2026 Maiden tour, if we takes what he says as a set plan, next years tour is looking like a stop gap kind of thing that will be for Europe only, with a new tour launching in 2026.

This could be read as "there's a big Maiden tour in 2026" and "another solo album". Wouldn't say it's conclusive.
Yes, especially how Bruce did say that to the media : "a big Iron Maiden tour in 2026 and another album". OK for the big Maiden tour, BUT is Bruce talking about another Maiden album or about a new solo album ? That's the million euros question...

I'm not necessarily taking this as meaning literally that the album will be in 2026 as that's a bit of a weird timeline. Greatest hits tour for 2025/2026 and then an album after? It's possible I guess, but that probably means no album tour. On the other hand, maybe it turns out they like releasing an album on a year with no tour (2015, 2021) and want to do that again. Album release in 2025 without a tour, full tour kicks off the following year. That seems less likely to me but it's odd for Bruce to mark 2026 as the year of touring.
Yeah it's odd for Bruce to tease a 2026 tour, but by saying ''big tour'' I think it will be a new album tour with stadiums, festivals, arenas and at least 4 months (SA,NA and Europe), like they did for TBOS album. I can't see them missing a whole year now, although they might want to give more time to Nicko and just celebrate the anniv with something else. A short European tour next year (3rd leg of TFP, GME tour to mark the anniv) is very possible given the band's habits - with some changes (new song?; for this year, no). This is exactly what they would have done before the release of SJ (TFP is a hybrid tour after all) and 2026 is 5 years since the last album. It's possible.

Writing and recording the album in early 2025-May to June Maiden tour-September to November/December Bruce solo tour-new Maiden album released at the end of 2025 (kind of doubtful, but this will fit the 2026 new album tour, unless they release it in May-August with a fall tour like this year).
This. If there ever be a new Maiden album, 2026 is the earliest and traditional time period for the band. After all, Steve said that they're not sure yet, but as artists they want to continue to be creative, that's for sure.

When I first read the text in Portuguese, it was clear to me that it referred to a new Iron Maiden album. However, upon reviewing it now, it might be referring to another solo album instead. However, after 18~19 years, he used old material in the MP, so I don't believe he's amidst a creative outburst by now. It seems he'll put more effort into the comic book stuff. I'm not keen on the idea that he will come up with 10 or so fresh songs in less than two years.

Here is the Google Translate version of his interview with UOL, posted last night in their website:

"I'm going to be quite busy for the next 2 or 3 years. I have the comic book to work on, which is a considerable job, as I write the script and every three months we have a new episode. Obviously, I'm on tour until the end of this year and next, and already thinking about more solo tours. And there will also be a big Iron Maiden tour in 2026 and another album, so there won't be a shortage of work."
People, screw that loser Tour of 2025. Please hurry and create new thread dedicated to Iron Maiden's BIGGEST TOUR EVER 2026 :scared: :ninja:

When I first read the text in Portuguese, it was clear to me that it referred to a new Iron Maiden album. However, upon reviewing it now, it might be referring to another solo album instead. However, after 18~19 years, he used old material in the MP, so I don't believe he's amidst a creative outburst by now. It seems he'll put more effort into the comic book stuff. I'm not keen on the idea that he will come up with 10 or so fresh songs in less than two years.
I'm pretty sure it will be a new Maiden album coming next year or in early 2026. As the band wanted to book another studio just after the recording of 'Senjutsu', it would be logical that Bruce said that about Maiden and not about his next solo album. Added to the fact that 'Senjutsu' could have been released in 2020 if there wasn't a pandemic this year. So, it's quite logical the next album after 'Senjutsu' could have been released 5 years later, so in 2025 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the band. Or in 2026 with the 5 years delay since 'Senjutsu' release in 2021...

It's interesting he is now talking about a 2026 Maiden tour, if we takes what he says as a set plan, next years tour is looking like a stop gap kind of thing that will be for Europe only, with a new tour launching in 2026.
Yeah. 3rd leg, Alexander in Greece. Not a surprise, tbh. And I think the band will want to tour every year. But Bruce did say they want to celebrate the anniv of the band next year (with what if not a new tour or a new album?) and that Maiden's plans for 2025 are top secret (the recording of the new album I guess). 2025 album release, 2026 start of the album tour. Very likely.
Bruce said he can come up with a new solo material for an album pretty quickly (new, old songs) and also said he's not in a hurry. He mentioned more solo tours and he can easily release a new solo album in 2027, in between the Maiden tour. Plus he'll definitely want to finish the comic book first, which is about 2 and a half years time, and he said he's busy for the next 2-3 years. This fits with everything. Maiden album takes more time and planning.

I think the reason I’m bored of hearing it is because no amount of criticisms is ever going to change a thing. The reunion albums already released are what they are. Can’t change this and I very much doubt Steve will ever go back to these albums in the future and remix them or do anything to change the production.

If we are lucky to get an 18th album then I expect it to sound exactly like all the other reunion albums, production wise.

I can accept fair criticism of the band and I understand the production is something a lot of fans want to criticise. I guess that with Brave New World being the last album that Maiden did where the producer got a majority say before Steve started on this live studio sound he wants these criticisms have gone on for over 24 years now.

Nothing is gonna change so after 24 years of moaning I wish fans would just deal with it and move on.
"Swallow your slop, piggies!"

Here is the Google Translate version of his interview with UOL, posted last night in their website:

"I'm going to be quite busy for the next 2 or 3 years. I have the comic book to work on, which is a considerable job, as I write the script and every three months we have a new episode. Obviously, I'm on tour until the end of this year and next, and already thinking about more solo tours. And there will also be a big Iron Maiden tour in 2026 and another album, so there won't be a shortage of work."

Thanks for sharing, but that is so ambiguous that it could well be another solo album.

I’m really getting the hunch that they’ve booked the studio for Feb of 2025, do a tour in 2025 and then release the album in early 2026 (Not September this time).

Back