08 Tour Questions

Hello everyone! I will be attending the June 11 show at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont IL. and I have a few questions:

1. how long will the show run (approx. of course)
2. How much have T-shirts and etc. from the concert been running?
3. Will cameras (NOT video) be allowed in? (or have they been previously)

Thanks for any and all help! UP THE IRONS!!

Went to the show last night in Phoenix. T-shirts ranged between $25- 45 bucks. Tons of designs. All the album covers from the 80's releases with tour dates on back. Maiden came on about 8:45 and played for just about 2 hours. Had 4 encores. Was not checked at front gate, but was wearing shorts so there was no way to hide a camera anyways. GREAT SHOW!!! ? Had about 13,000 there last night.

Maiden's start time may be affected by whether the venue is indoors or outdoors. (Although I think Maiden is only playing outdoor venues on this tour.)

At the Albuquerque show, the stage appeared ready about 8:30 - at least, all signs of stagehand activity disappeared then. But they waited another 15 minutes for the sun to set - Maiden doesn't like coming on stage until it's almost completely dark.

So it's possible they might start a bit earlier if you see them indoors, but outdoor shows seem to be 8:45 start.

Cameras are not allowed, but cell phones are ... and almost every cell phone has a camera these days. During some visually exciting portions of the show, it seemed like everyone in the crowd was taking pictures or video with their phones. (Not me, though - I prefer to watch the stage instead of fuck around with my phone.)

SinisterMinisterX said:
At the Albuquerque show, the stage appeared ready about 8:30 - at least, all signs of stagehand activity disappeared then. But they waited another 15 minutes for the sun to set - Maiden doesn't like coming on stage until it's almost completely dark.

Then, expect the Nordic tour to last a little longer than planned. Their first Nordic show on this tour, Stockholm, is on July the 16th. At that time of the year, it does not become completely dark at these latitudes.

We are now approximately one month from summer solstice. The show at Lerkendal is scheduled one month after, meaning the length of the day will be approximately the same. And I can tell you this much - the road lights don't need to be switched on during the night these days.

If they'll wait for sunset, it will be at approx 11 PM  :D I won't mind, I'm going to start my summer holiday the weekend preceding the show. They could enter the stage at 23:58 and I'd be happy  :D

SinisterMinisterX said:
Maiden's start time may be affected by whether the venue is indoors or outdoors. (Although I think Maiden is only playing outdoor venues on this tour.)

No, at least Bercy in Paris is an indoor venue.

May be so, but at Ludwigshafen, they still came out at daylight.

3. Will cameras (NOT video) be allowed in? (or have they been previously)

Please do your peers a favour and just don't do it. These cameras that are affordable to everyone and let you take pictures so conveniently -be it in their cellphones or normal digital cams- are a curse. It's fucking annoying to stand in a crowd and have your view distracted by all those bright little displays that are shining all over the crowd. You don't need to take pictures, somebody else will do so already. The gig will be just as memorable even if you don't have pics shot by yourself.
By the way, I hope for your sake that you won't meet anybody like me at your gig. I'm not any more careful if someone next to me has a camera, and I even get extremely aggressive if someone shoves me aside to take a pic. Just so you know, it's you who brought the camera to the gig, and you're the one responsible if it breaks.

Well Perun that is one way to look at things. And for some part I agree, but to me it is sounding as if you actually will try to destroy each and every camera within 30 ft of you.

When I go to Maiden (or any other concert), I will not spoil my own fun so that others can take better pics.But nor will I hinder them.

Warhurst said:
but to me it is sounding as if you actually will try to destroy each and every camera within 30 ft of you.

No, but I'm not going to give them special treatment because they carry an expensive electronic device. If it breaks, it's their responsibility, not mine, that's all I'm saying.

Who'd want to take a shaky blurred photograph anyway when you can be jumping up and down or throwing your arms in the air to a chorus??

The only time I have been guilty of taking pictures was on the AMOLAD tour in Sheffield. I was supoosed to go with my best mate but he came down with a virus and couldnt go. Not wanting him to miss it completely I took a few snaps and picture messaged him on my mobile phone. he text back wanting to know why the fuck i was sending him a blurred pyschedelic picture that resembled an acid trip? I took the hint, pocketed my phone and enjoyed the rest of the gig.

Just on a variation of this topic i want to know if bottle throwing at gigs is something that happens regularly. i have seen Maiden in arenas and at outdoor shows. There was certainly no bottle throwing in the arenas but at the Download Festival (sorry it should still be called Monsters of Rock for me!) the air was filled with flying bottles,cans etc that seemed to start as soon as one act finished and carried on until another act started. I didnt get hit directly but got covered in beer and God knows what else. there was a guy in front of me with  long black curly hair who had what appeared to be a copius amount of milk chocolate dripping from his hair and down his back (at least  I hope it was chocolate). I also saw Maiden at Reading festival but cant recollect any bottle throwing, although the crowd there weren't all metal fans due to the variation of acts on over the week (not that I am labelling out metal fans to be bottle throwers mind)

My tickets arrived yesterday for Twickenham (yay) pitch standing. As this will obvioulsy be an outdoor event does anyone know or reckon the bottle throwing will be something I am going to have to put up with??

I actually like those blurry photographs and I usually take a few per gig (which is all that fits on my phone anyway).  I do usually try to cover up the screen with my hand though since I know it can be quite irritating to others.

It does distract you from the music a lot though so I usually take the pics during the worse songs or songs I don't know.

I seriously doubt that. 

At every other gig, there has been only one encore, with three songs, not four. 

The show is the same every night, and lasts about 2 hours.  Unless there is an additional act (such as Anthrax in L.A. tonight and tomorrow), Lauren Harris's set lasts about 20-30 minutes, and the main show usually begins about 30-40 minutes after that, give or take. 

I went to the Albuquerque show, and they were actually selling disposable cameras there.  I took my dig camera in, and there were a number of others in the PIT that had dig cameras (not video cams).  It depends on the venue and the band as to whether or not you can take a camera in.  I called ahead of time, and the venue said cameras were allowed.

T-shirts there ranged from $35 and up, although there were some people in the parking lot selling em afterwards for cheaper (I got one for $20).

Lauren played for about 30 minutes, then Maiden came on about 8:40 or so and played for about 2 hours.

And I did plenty of jumping around while taking intermittent pictures...lol.  What an awesome show it was.

why did they not play ireland this year,like some of us might never get to hear songs from that era live,i am dissapointed they have great fans over here that were not able to travel to twickengham,so im dissapointed,but my love for maiden will thrive on

I say the same thing every time they don't play here.  They have lots of fans here in Antarctica.  It only makes sense, right?

Along with the new album special edition in my sig?  That's great, good to see Maiden going to some areas bands usually don't go to!

LooseCannon said:
I say the same thing every time they don't play here.  They have lots of fans here in Antarctica.  It only makes sense, right?

well they do have a lot of fans here they sold out the point theater during the a.m.o.l.a.d tour

Back