Unreleased Live Albums/Songs

But they did audio record the show for sure because they put it out officially on the Different World single...They also recorded Copenhagen a few days later (which made it unto other AMOLAD singles) a show I also went to :p

You can hear at the end of this clip Bruce going "good evening to you ALBORG!"!!!

Last edited:
If there were no screens, your theory of them only being allowed to record a song or two is probably right.

Bugger . . . there goes my hope for an AMOLAD 2006 live album

The first comment can be found on their Maiden England DVD under the history portion about SIT

The second comment comes from the Maiden Fan Club forum where someone actually talked to Rod after the Atlanta show back in 2012 and asked about songs.... Rod told him Steve hated the way it sounded live.. He also said they rehearsed Infinite Dreams that tour but went with Afraid to shoot strangers.... I asked Nicko myself when I saw him at Rock N Roll ribs back in December.. He won't comment on any of it
Interesting- I'd be willing to bet Bruce is the deciding factor on a lot of that stuff. It's really dependent on what he feels he can sing well within the context of the set. Infinite Dreams is a much more vocally challenging song compared to ATSS, and Bruce was already struggling with some of the other tunes on Maiden England.

Infinite Dreams is a much more vocally challenging song compared to ATSS
I'm not quite sure about that reasoning, given that Bruce managed to just about cope with both Run to the Hills and Aces High throughout the tour(s), both of which were later on in the set. In any case, Infinite Dreams had more reason to be on the ME setlist than either of those songs

I was at the same show (Aalborg) and there were no film crew, also no screens on stage which I found a bit frustrating.

So Lick Library got permission to shoot with couple of cams and take soundboard feed.
There's a Bruce show in Curitiba, 1999. TV house got permission to shoot two or three songs, after that the production just got cut off from the soundboard feed, and while whole bootleg is available because the camera man decided to remain on premises (but he moved to the side, normally), only those 2-3 tracks are pro sound, rest is from camera's onboard mic.

In any case, seeing some pro-shot stuff doesn't mean that band can somehow summon a full concert DVD out of it alone.

But they did audio record the show for sure because they put it out officially on the Different World single...They also recorded Copenhagen a few days later (which made it unto other AMOLAD singles) a show I also went to :p

You can hear at the end of this clip Bruce going "good evening to you ALBORG!"!!!

I think it's already been concluded they have all sound tracks from every show since 2004.
One additional thing - if you can't see close ups of Nicko, the footage is not good for release. That means that it's been done ad-hoc by someone that had access in front of the barrier. Released stuff contains shots from backstage area, where they get Nicko in focus and audience shots too.

@Forostar, we've commented on what SirRobbins is talking about, the thing where Rod says they've got some tracks down. I remember we both agreed that it must be bits and bobs already found on 12 Wasted Years and similar stuff.

But those bits do not feature real sounds. Perhaps some sound was recorded indeed. But a while back 'Arry repeatedly complained that Smallwallet didn't want to record shows. So I am skeptical about the possibility of the existence of any other material than the stuff we know.

Odd. I only remember Steve complaining about Rod not wanting to record anything.

Rod stated they have "bits of recorded material, just not a full record." Steve's hatred of the way it sounds live was a statement by Rod after the Atlanta show back in 2012

Back