Unreleased Live Albums/Songs

Moribund

Prowler
I suspect Iron Maiden have made live recordings from at least one show on every tour. I believe at least one live album has been released with each studio release since Bruce returned to the band for Brave New World (Rock in Rio, BBC Archives, Beast Over Hammersmith, Death on the Road, Flight 666, En Vivo, and Maiden England '88.

Will Iron Maiden release any live albums before their 17th studio album? If so what will be pulled from the archives?

A Book of Souls Live album has the highest probability of being released between album cycles. Personally, I'd love to have a Somewhere in Time era album. I know they recorded songs from this era because their are excepts of them in 12 Wasted Years. There's a high quality bootleg (Eddie's Boys...) from the Piece of Mind Era that has to have been professionally recorded. Iron Maiden released a number of B-sides from the No Prayer Tour, but everything that was released (professionally by the band) has been of very low quality. It's doubtful to me that a No Prayer live album will ever be released based on the horrid sound quality of the songs from that era which were released. It's a shame, cause I'd really like to hear a quality version of the title track. The only other Dickinson era album not released would be AMOLAD. AMOLAD would be very interesting because they played the whole album live.

Personally, I'd really like to hear some live songs that have never been released and hope the band releases. An album with a selection of unreleased live tracks like A Real Live One would be the best. I'm hoping it's not anything but the Piece of Mind tour (as I already have it). I also really wished they would've put out live recordings of Caught Somewhere in Time and Stranger in a Strange Land on Flight 666. Caught was played 9 times on that tour mostly in California but Stranger made like one appearance. However, Stranger was played like 1/2 dozen times each of the past three years mostly in Budapest stops so it would be a great addition to a Book of Souls album.

I also really wished they would've put out live recordings of Caught Somewhere in Time and Stranger in a Strange Land on Flight 666. Caught was played 9 times on that tour mostly in California but Stranger made like one appearance. However, Stranger was played like 1/2 dozen times each of the past three years mostly in Budapest stops
Ummmmmmm, sorry, but what the fuck are you on? And I don't think I want any of it. :p Stranger In A Strange Land hasn't been played since 1999 on the Ed Hunter Tour and Caught Somewhere In Time hasn't been played since 1987 on the Somewhere In Time tour.

Last edited:
The question of this post is valid but the facts presented aren't. Smallwood said, that due to cost of Live After Death, Somwhere on Tour didn't feature any official recordings at all. Come to think of it, there weren't any live B sides either on consecutive singles, like they did for tours that didn't have an official live LP (NPFTD, EHT, etc...). The complete pro material about this era was an incentive of someone else, and 12 Wasted Years features recordings originally done for TV broadcasts and such.

Like on Piece of Mind singles.

Killers had an official live release, although it wasn't world wide.

^ (edit : messed up chronology, TNOTB also had a live release planned but it was shelved due to lighting issues, back then)
Besides, some 'business patterns' started to appear after early years but this one seems constant.

I think it is time for a second Eddie's Archives boxset. Apart from the full live AMOLAD that Kevin Shirley has apparently already worked on, what can you see in it?

As far as I'm concerned, I can imagine mostly clean versions of already existing bootlegs:
- a full Killer tour concert (The Big Heat is basically the full Maiden Japan concert) - although it has been a long time since Di'Anno hasn't appeared in any Maiden official release.

- the aforementioned Eddie's Boys (World Piece Tour)

- the Sheffield or Paris show of 1986

- the Wembley Arena show of 1990

and to make it worthwhile for those who have all this on good quality bootlegs, a live DVD/ Blu-ray of the Final Frontier American summer tour of 2010.

The above sounds good but they had a chance with the original Eddies Archives to do the full Donnington '88 and we got and we got half a job. I hope to fuck they don't follow the same pattern when they inevitably open the live vaults and just give us parts of shows. That BBC CD has Iron Maiden x4 and a couple of others x2. The repetition would be alright if we were getting full shows.

Maybe they were holding off on a full Donnington '88 release for later (DVD hopefully) but I just don't trust them to give us what we want. If we got a section of a World Piece Tour gig I'd fully expect them to give us The Trooper, Hallowed and Wrathchild and no To Tame a Land. Speculation, I know but I wouldn't bet against it

I think it is time for a second Eddie's Archives boxset. Apart from the full live AMOLAD that Kevin Shirley has apparently already worked on, what can you see in it?

As far as I'm concerned, I can imagine mostly clean versions of already existing bootlegs:
- a full Killer tour concert (The Big Heat is basically the full Maiden Japan concert) - although it has been a long time since Di'Anno hasn't appeared in any Maiden official release.

- the aforementioned Eddie's Boys (World Piece Tour)

- the Sheffield or Paris show of 1986

- the Wembley Arena show of 1990

and to make it worthwhile for those who have all this on good quality bootlegs, a live DVD/ Blu-ray of the Final Frontier American summer tour of 2010.
This would have been great! but I doubt it will happend. Hopefully, maybe after Iron maiden have retired?

There were also some official nice recordings of Milan 1999 on some b-sides as well, so they must have recorded the whole show. Since every show on Flight 666 were recorded, they could pull out a complete show there to. Plus, we still need The Rest of the B-sides, with the cover songs that was recorded during AMOLAD sessions as a bonus.

The version of Drifter from the original Sanctuary 7 inch has never been available digitally either, plus songs from Live + One, a demo version of Running Free that was on a compilation album and probably a few more

:p Stranger In A Strange Land hasn't been played since 1999 on the Ed Hunter Tour and Caught Somewhere In Time hasn't been played since 1987 on the Somewhere In Time tour.

I didn't realize setlist.fm for Iron Maiden compiled cover band renditions with what I thought was only Iron Maiden's official setlists.

Is there any chance that they might have another show from AMOLAD tour filmed? Apart from Donington 2007?

Is there any chance that they might have another show from AMOLAD tour filmed? Apart from Donington 2007?
Apart from Donington/ Download, nothing pro-shot as far as I know, but a few video boots of the first leg here and there:
and here in full:

EDIT: besides (!), as far as audio is concerned, I think this person has done a good compilation job:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm aware of these bootlegs, what I was wondering is if there's a chance of Maiden releasing a DVD from another show of the AMOLAD tour. Because donington 2007 was the one they planned to release, wasn't it?

Back