Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I assume he bought it, they didn't specify that! From what I've heard of Janick, though, he's not known for an OTT celeb lifestyle. He's been known to support local businesses, drop into the local school to talk to the kids, goes to Hartlepool matches and still drinks in local pubs.

I'm not sure what I think of the cafe/bar/guitar shop combination. Imagine having a few drinks, having your bank card on you, and lots of nice guitars close at hand....

I assume he bought it, they didn't specify that! From what I've heard of Janick, though, he's not known for an OTT celeb lifestyle. He's been known to support local businesses, drop into the local school to talk to the kids, goes to Hartlepool matches and still drinks in local pubs.

I'm not sure what I think of the cafe/bar/guitar shop combination. Imagine having a few drinks, having your bank card on you, and lots of nice guitars close at hand....
I call that heaven for the guitarist and hell for his finances. :p

There was a pub/music shop in dublin until recently, but the music shop part closed down not too long ago.

Interesting Maiden related fact, the bugle from the charge of the light brigade was made in it!

https://comeheretome.com/2010/03/09/from-capel-street-to-the-crimea/

mcneills-pub-music-shop.jpeg

In the latest Aardschok (Dutch metal mag) Steve Harris says that it wouldn't surprise him if Maiden start working on the new album in the second half of 2017.

Good. A 2018 release would be "only" three years after the previous one instead of five (TBOS) or four (TFF).

Last edited:
In the latest Aardschok (Dutch metal mag) Steve Harris says that it wouldn't surprise him if Maiden start working on the new album in the second half of 2017.

Good. A 2018 release would be "only" three years after the previous one instead of five (TBOS) or four (TFF).

And it still seems mad that I am still waiting for the UK tour this long after the release of TBOS ... only 6 months to go!

I want them to squeeze as many albums out as possible before they call it quits. So a 2018 release is fine with me, I can wait just over a year for it!

Cheers. He also said, when asked what Maiden would have done if Bruce would not have recovered:

It's not a scenario we have thoroughly discussed. Bruce is irreplaceable, I think the history of Iron Maiden has taught us that. I can't imagine that we'd have searched for a replacement. In this phase of our career I wouldn't like all that fuss either. In short, if Bruce wouldn't have come back, it would have been the end of the band.

Cheers. He also said, when asked what Maiden would have done if Bruce would not have recovered:

It's not a scenario we have thoroughly discussed. Bruce is irreplaceable, I think the history of Iron Maiden has taught us that. I can't imagine that we'd have searched for a replacement. In this phase of our career I wouldn't like all that fuss either. In short, if Bruce wouldn't have come back, it would have been the end of the band.

Wise words from Steve.

Great! I hope it happens. My hopes of them coming to South America next year are gone now. But a new album is more important.

Which means... they're absolutely recording an album in the second half of 2017.

Any studio good enough for them would require months of advance planning and booking- my bet is it's all been locked in and set down on the calendar by now.

Back