Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Yeah, technique it could be done by having Blaze sing lower, but having lower vocals would change BL's identity (charm) too much, if I may put it that way.

Sorry guys, but I don't hear anything redeemable about the vocals on the album. I've read here that it's better live but on the album he sounds totally out of place imo.

https://www.facebook.com/ironmaiden/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
Steve has taken over our Spotify playlist and picked the ten Maiden tracks that best showcase the qualities of the Maiden Audio ED-PH0N3S.
"These tracks are some of the most dynamic in the Maiden catalogue and demonstrate just how well the guys at ONKYO did to make my vision a reality. I don't think there is another product on the market that is better for our kind of music. I hope that you enjoy listening to 'em!"
Steve's picks for the official Maiden playlist on Spotify:
Still Life
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Sign of the Cross (Rock In Rio)
Empire of the Clouds
2 Minutes to Midnight
Alexander the Great
No More Lies (Death on the Road)
The Edge of Darkness
When The Wild Wind Blows
Blood Brothers
https://open.spotify.com/user/iron_maiden_/playlist/2UvKcMkEbvicPLpus1dyKc
a398cbb5b12a316e3045855e78f5821dd60f4fe7

Edge of Darkness, that awes...
Wait, aren't we not supposed to like what Steve's ears tell him?

These double negations are damn too complicated :). But yes, the list is quite interesting. He has retained five of his songs, only 2 he has not contributed to, and a few ones that seem to be a bit forgotten.

Sorry guys, but I don't hear anything redeemable about the vocals on the album. I've read here that it's better live but on the album he sounds totally out of place imo.
For me, he is an integral part to their sound. He is too "shy" on the record, as if he didn't dare ; I guess it was his first experience in the studio. But this album doesn't reflect what they have become. I just hope that the live album will capture the gret feel of their live shows.

Still Life
Empire of the Clouds
2 Minutes to Midnight
Alexander the Great
The Edge of Darkness
When The Wild Wind Blows
Blood Brothers
Ok, that is a frigging KILLER playlist. Steve, just make this the setlist for next year please...

Still Life
Empire of the Clouds
2 Minutes to Midnight
Alexander the Great
The Edge of Darkness
When The Wild Wind Blows
Blood Brothers
That is interesting. So he does rate Alexander, and he was sincere in his praise to Bruce for Empire.

It's obviously songs he thinks sounds very good when you listen with Maiden head-phones. Otherwise I'm sure we would have included Phantom, Hallowed and To Tame A Land which are amongst his favourites.

I wouldn't say that this Alexander pick made my heart skip a beat, but there's something about it. I guess I haven't read Steve saying anything about that song since it came out (1986). (Didn't read that in 1986, it's just the oldest and one and only interview I know (or remember) in which he says something about it).

Also..... when did the band ever say anything about a song that was never played live, a while after it was released? And now he does it twice in the same occasion? What?!

Maybe only when it is live related (one can keep dreaming).

Last edited:

Still Life
Empire of the Clouds
2 Minutes to Midnight
Alexander the Great
The Edge of Darkness
When The Wild Wind Blows
Blood Brothers

Now if only Steve would start putting together the setlists after the best sounding songs then we're golden :D

I wouldn't say that this Alexander pick made my heart skip a beat, but there's something about it. I guess I haven't read Steve saying anything about that song since it came out (1986). (Didn't read that in 1986, it's just the oldest and one and only interview I know (or remember) in which he says something about it).

Also..... when did the band ever say anything about a song that was never played live, a while after it was released? And now he does it twice in the same occasion? What?!

Maybe only when it is live related (one can keep dreaming).

Did various band members (definitely Steve & Bruce if I recall) not comment on The Iron Maidens playing AtG when they saw them live?

Did various band members (definitely Steve & Bruce if I recall) not comment on The Iron Maidens playing AtG when they saw them live?
Yes and they always say it's because Adrian forgot the solo. But we all know that the mighty H doesn't forget or forgive (unless he wants to).

Maybe.... Even Steve? Well, then it was live related at least. ;)
And yeah indeed, ATG is the obvious one. The ATG comments mostly come as reactions to the ever ongoing question. Now, he started himself. And Judgement... Judgement of Heaven. Hadn't thought Maiden would ever mention it. They surprised me.

The ATG comments mostly come as reactions to the ever ongoing question.
When they talked about The Iron Maidens playing AtG, I'm not sure if they were particularly prompted. The interview must be out there somewhere, but I think they just started talking about it in the context of The Iron Maidens playing stuff that Maiden themselves had never played live.

Well...

But what is it like when Iron Maiden watch the all female tribute act the Iron Maidens? Bruce Dickinson sounds like he still isn’t sure how to react. Speaking with Classic Rock, the high-flying frontman, talked about seeing female versions of himself and the rest of the band onstage, saying, “I’ve seen the Iron Maidens in Mexico. We all went. We were watching them and I said to Steve Harris ‘This is a really weird question, but looking at them, would you f–k yourself?’ And he went, ‘I don’t know, but we’ve all been thinking it.’ It was very, very weird."

Perhaps it is songs that work especially well with their name-bearing product. But even allowing for that, it's not what you might think of as an overly marketing-led selection from Maiden's back catalogue. Whatever his reasoning, he doesn't appear to have gone for an easier-listening selection to appeal for newer fans.

Back