Official Football Thread

Hope UEFA bans them from CL next year and gives Milan the spot no matter where they end up. Roma just doesn't have the CL DNA like Milan :p

Roma just doesn't have the CL DNA
15_mediagallery-page.jpg

In the past 7 seasons, Milan is the only Italian club that managed to get to CL through qualifications:

2010/11: Sampdoria ❌
2011/12: Udinese ❌
2012/13: Udinese ❌
2013/14: Milan ✔
2014/15: Napoli ❌
2015/16: Lazio ❌
2016/17: Roma ❌

Samir Nasri about to go on loan to Beşiktaş, Emmanuel Adebayor about to sign for Çaykur Rizespor. Robin van Persie is already at Fenerbahçe.

The fate of those who betray Arsenal is to rot away in Turkey. :D

Europe's top four leagues to be guaranteed four places in Champions League group stage from 2018/19.

Excellent news for me as a Milan fan :D Not fair to the smaller countries, but realistically they are cannon fodder anyway.

Heavy but interesting for Feyenoord (Man U + Van Persie)!

In other news: Gullit does not join the Netherlands! He wants in his contract that he can leave at any given moment. That was not appreciated by Hans van Breukelen, technical director of the Royal Dutch Football Association. Too bad it didn't work out. Stubborn guys from the 1988 generation.

Arsenal has signed Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Pérez. Never heard of the latter tbh. Was gonna say it was a promising signing since he scored 17 goals in La Liga last season, because I thought he was like 20, then I read he's 27 (will turn 28 in a few days) and that he only scored double figures in a season twice in his career so far.

Mustafi is of course a great signing, should be a definite starter next to Koscielny. With this signing and Mertesacker being appointed captain for this season despite being injured for next 5 months, Arsenal looks to continue choosing captains that either get benched, leave for Barcelona, betray the club in some way or do a combo of some of these :D

Henry - leaves for Barcelona
Gallas - stripped of captaincy for badmouthing his teammates to the press, betrays the club by joining Tottenham
Fàbregas - leaves for Barcelona, later betrays the club by joining Chelsea
RVP - betrays the club by leaving for Man Utd
Vermaelen - benched after a few months, leaves for Barcelona
Arteta - combination of being constantly injured (just 25 games in all competitions in his 2 years as captain) and being benched, retires to become Pep's assistant (Pep coached Barcelona :p)

Obviously pleased with the Mustafi signing, though we did overpay a bit.

Ditto on Lucas Pérez. What I've read on about him is that he was only recently converted into a striker and pretty much had his breakthrough with this change of position. A Depor fan describes him as Jamie Vardy-like, a poacher who looks to get behind the defensive line at all times and seemingly doesn't have lungs in his body; runs and runs and runs.

With Arsene not playing Giroud in the starting lineup and opting with Alexis/Walcott, it's obvious that he prefers a mobile striker up front. Worth mentioning that he did go after Vardy this summer.

Aguero elbowed Winston Reid in the neck, ref didn't see it. Hopefully he'll get a ban and will be out for the Manchester derby.

Btw. fuck international breaks.

So after 3 rounds, only 3 teams have maximum points in EPL: Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd. All 3 with new coaches. I still think Manchester clubs and Arsenal will fight for the title though. I think Chelsea is gonna get hit by injuries soon and their lack of depth will get them into a big crisis.

Joe Hart loaned out to Torino. Chambers from Arsenal loaned out to Middlesbrough. Jack Wheelchair will apparently also be allowed to go out on loan. Gnabry supposedly doesn't want to stay at Arsenal and will move to Werder. Leicester wants Islam Slimani and Adrien Silva, they would elevate them into CL contenders again IMO.

A healthy, on-form Jack Wilshere is the best possible partner we have for Granit Xhaka. I'd be sad if he goes out on loan.

Loaning him out is pointless if the concern is that he might get injured, though. The concern is obviously that he might not get much playing time, and as long as he's healthy, that shouldn't be a thing.

Back