Official Football Thread

Nah, Liverpool will follow this up with a loss against some mid-table team. This is more about City playing like rubbish. Let's enjoy that.

Nah, Liverpool will follow this up with a loss against some mid-table team. This is more about City playing like rubbish. Let's enjoy that.
Alright, I'll go with that line of thinking.

Juve-Milan tonight. You know my allegiance, hoping for the best :p

Also, really don't care about Barcelona-Real, hate both teams.

EDIT: AGÜERO, COMEBACK IS ON!

4-0 for Barça at Bernabeu. Could've been even more, missed 4-5 clear opportunities. That's what you get for firing Carlo Ancelotti to hire Rafa Benitez.

Sure, but take into account that Benitez was probably forced to put on the most expensive lineup instead of his preferred one. No balance in a midfield of Kroos/Modric/James. Out of those 3, I would've benched Kroos for a DM like Casemiro, to form a double anchor with Modric, with James as a CAM or RW with Bale as CAM.

Real have been less than spectacular for a while now, though. Not just this game. They lost to Sevilla the week before and weren't anything special against Las Palmas.

Coquelin rumoured to be out for 3 months, Arsenal is fucked. Arteta is always injured anyway, meaning it's gonna be just Flamini until who knows when. Dunno when Ramsey and Wilshere are back, but they aren't DM's anyway.

Thank you Arsene. Great squad planning not caring about alternative options in the most injury prone set of players indeed.

Btw, Arteta isn't a DM anyway. He never has been. Arsene is convinced that he is, though.

Can the total gift from the Crystal Palace goalkeeper tonight be a turning point for Sunderland?

Not the most entertaining 90 minutes of football I've watched, but as I had nothing better to do while practicing my guitar ...

Arsenal went from being 4 down to 3 up in goal difference against Olympiacos. If they win in Piraeus, they're through.

I enjoyed the first half, because I saw promise in that. Unfortunately, United stopped playing well before they could convert any chances into goals. The last half hour was shit, and PSV looked more dangerous than United in the final 15.

Now I hope LvG has the sense to actually use players who are in form for the away game against Wolfsburg. It will decide directly which of the teams goes through (as I take for granted PSV will win at home against CSKA).

PSV dominated for a large part of the match, not creating many chances, but they looked (more than) solid. I enjoyed a couple of individuals, really playing very strong. Cool squad.

What part of the match was that? If by "dominate" you mean "parked the bus successfully" they did so for large parts of the match. But it was only during the final 15-20 minutes they looked like the more dangerous team. I mean, if you have less possession and create fewer chances, how can that be seen as dominating?

Back