Steve Harris

Traveled across the country to see British Lion in a small club in Stockholm last night. I'm glad I did. Easily one of the most fun shows I've seen, but then I love the album too. Richard Taylor's voice is anything but weak and he is a charismatic frontman. There was quite some singing from the crowd in that place, or at least that is my impression from the front row. One of the new songs was very good, "The Burning" that harrisdevot mentions, and I got all the songs I wanted to hear from the album of course (considering the fact they played all but "The Lesson"). Michael Kenney came in and played keyboard on one or two songs. Left the place with one of David Hawkins picks and a British Lion-shirt.

5 out of 5.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Maturin would you mind posting (again) the above in the BL thread?, where most of the tour discussion is (or was, until some of the posting here!) taking place.

Finally got around to listening to this album. It's much better than I was expecting it to be, though the production leaves something to be desired. Definitely a solid rocker.

I still need to know more about the gig he did in front of a few hundred people. Cannot believe such a legend would book himself into a venue with such limited space. Yes i know its his own project. Bet it was good though.

craigim: most of the gigs were in front of hundreds. Seriously, have a look at some of the footage a few pages back or on YouTube --you could easily get to the front at most gigs & Steve was basically right in front of you.

1458502_10151863709992108_1278911502_n.jpg

Thanks for that harrisdevot! I read that Lira had some kind of credit. @lira would you (or anyone else who understands the text) share us a bit more on (the background of) this?

And one year later and five posts later,

he's almost 60...
6eE2WZp.gif

ah, ah joking. Happy birthday, Steve. :hbd:

Though last months are somewhat, well, not the happiest?

Back