Bruce Dickinson

Dickinson addressed the incident during a new interview with Sakis Fragos of Rock Hard Greece about his upcoming solo album, "The Mandrake Project". Asked about his response to the flare at the concert, Bruce said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Oh, the guy swinging his thing and everything else. You know what? I probably got his nationality wrong. [Laughs] I just lost my temper, because it was such… That activity that a very, very small minority of people do is so selfish and so disturbing. They think it's really cool. Actually, it's not about the band. It's not about the audience. It's about them drawing attention only to themselves and damaging the people around them who have this thing, this extremely toxic thing flying around. Of course, if you happen to be asthmatic, if you haven't been having any lung conditions, 'Oh, we don't care about them. We'll just fill the place with smoke, 'cause it makes me feel important,' is their attitude. It just annoys the hell out of me. Anyway, yeah, I lost my temper. I shouldn't have called him a Greek cunt; I should have just called him a cunt. [Laughs]"

Man, it's not that difficult. You just have to practice how to react calmly and collectedly before the show:
RitualSinger

And "cunt", still? What about the feminist lyrics of "Sonata". I'm waiting and have high expectations... :okok:

Although he's not up to date again:

https://www.pedestrian.tv/online/slay-mother-cunt-memes/

Man, it's not that difficult. You just have to practice how to react calmly and collectedly before the show:
RitualSinger

And "cunt", still? What about the feminist lyrics of "Sonata". I'm waiting and have high expectations... :okok:

Although he's not up to date again:

https://www.pedestrian.tv/online/slay-mother-cunt-memes/
The worst part is the crowd also cheers him when he’s insulting the shit out of the other guy. Pretty fucked up world we live in you see.

Here’s hoping it does not take 19 years since the release of the 7th album for him to do it. :p
Well, due to circumstances and because he was busy with Maiden, the album was originally supposed to be delayed ''only'' for 9 years. I think now Bruce could release like Maiden - every 4/5 years. He said he and Roy are full of ideas, but the biggest enemy is the time. If he plans to tour in the next couple of years, he can either stretch out TMP tour with a lot of song changes, or release a new album after 2026. Maiden have plans until then, according to him.
I wonder if Maiden are reaching the finish line.
The touring schedule for both bands this year is probably the working formula for the next years. Instead of 40 shows per year, Maiden can do ~25 with more space in between. They will relay on Nicko, but I think the band is in very good shape. Let's also remember Steve's idea for Maiden to continue releasing albums even if they don't do tours, which is why the next tour is possible to be Hits again.

What we're getting "is the least he could do" and he could arguably deliver something even simpler.
I disagree. And-something even simpler (*we haven't seen the booklet yet) would be ridiculous.
He could, but he clearly doesn't want to. As much as it pains me: The world has moved on from physical media and most musicians don't want to spend the time, money and effort for something that the majority of the audience won't ever see, since most people are listening to music via streaming services.
It is possible, but unfortunately for us not something he cares for. That's the sad reality.
Not that I disagree here, but why is he doing a series of comic releases then? For more money? Nah. So he cares about such stuff. A booklet full of different artworks is not that different from a comic book. And check out the recent covers by bands with a tradition like Maiden's to release covers with details (Grave Digger, HammerFall, Helloween, or even Blaze and Saxon). Plus Maiden do bother to put the ''real'' cover in the booklets. I think it all comes down to desire. Bruce and Maiden have in some aspects been ''lazy'' since idk, 2003 - and they have a big tradition with artworks.
Listened to Tyranny this morning on the way to work - man I hope there's more songs from it than Navigate in the set list this year. Soul Intruders is one of my favourite songs, Kill Devil Hill and the title track would also kill live. Such a shame there wasn't a proper tour in 2005.
Such a shame indeed. All songs will sound great live. I really hope so. Every song on the album (minus Believil) is a 9-10 for me.
At least the current way of touring. Doing 3-4 months in one go with around 40 shows is brutal for them.
I think this year's leg is an exception in a way. The situations are simple: Maiden will continue with Nicko as long as they can (they and he love to play live) and Bruce can continue his solo career (with his voice being in such a great shape) with not big tours for as long as he wants and can. They still have the desire. Maiden and Bruce can do different albums and things if their tours are not so long (which would be difficult with Maiden, plus production and everything). Over the years, Bruce could have done like TOS, release solo albums without tours, but his focus was on Maiden, which was the right thing to do. Curiously, in the interview on the previous page, Bruce said ''in the upcoming tours'', not a tour. He was speaking about playing different songs from all of his solo albums. So who knows what their plans are. I hope Maiden will make another album, I'm really curious with the follow up of SJ, and they are a must-record band because they are so good and talented.

I disagree. And-something even simpler (*we haven't seen the booklet yet) would be ridiculous.
On what basis do you disagree? I'm not saying that he should do that or that he wants that, but it is literally possible that he could do something even simpler. There are albums out there that have no booklet at all. That's not up for debate lol
I'm not saying that he would. I'm saying that the notion that it has to be elaborate is unwarranted.

Not that I disagree here, but why is he doing a series of comic releases then? For more money? Nah. So he cares about such stuff. A booklet full of different artworks is not that different from a comic book. And check out the recent covers by bands with a tradition like Maiden's to release covers with details (Grave Digger, HammerFall, Helloween, or even Blaze and Saxon). Plus Maiden do bother to put the ''real'' cover in the booklets. I think it all comes down to desire. Bruce and Maiden have in some aspects been ''lazy'' since idk, 2003 - and they have a big tradition with artworks.
A comic is its very own thing. It's not the same as packaging for an album. Entirely different art medium. He cares about the story for the comics; not necessarily for the visuals in the album's packaging. Artwork in a booklet is fundamentally different. It can be interesting and elaborate, but it's nowhere near comparable to comics which are a completely different medium.
Furthermore, it's funny that people keep bringing up different bands, which is completely irrelevant. Maiden's last albums have massively scaled details back. Their live album for TBOS is literally one of the tour posters. TMP is the least detailed Bruce album cover in almost 30 years. Also, there are plenty of other bands that have also scaled back their artworks. "Tradition" isn't an accurate

Back