Coronavirus

Meanwhile, the Norwegian government has presented plans for reopening the society. Schools open next week, limitations on gatherings of people are loosened. The work-from-home policy remains in Oslo and possibly some other cities.

And the top division of football will start in June, closed doors of course..

Here in Mexico we went from a toilet paper crisis (never really a shortage) to a beer shortage. Due to the quarantine beer production was halted about a month and a half ago and stores have finally run out. My GF and I have been making micheladas at home (beer, clamato, Worchester sauce, lime, salt, pepper). We had some clamato left after making some ceviche, but no more beer. One store still had Corona in a can and it was going for $25 pesos. That's restaurant prices, they usually go for $11. Supply and demand, baby.

Liquor shops in India reopened a few days ago.
There were crowds of 50-60 people standing outside each one of them, everyone standing 6 feet apart.

It's incredibly irresponsible of Sky News to broadcast that and also for the camerapeople to film it in the first place. The editor should consider his/her position.

The BBC were at pains to keep the presenter, singers and musicians at least 2m apart during the broadcast last night. Sky clearly not giving a fuck.

EDIT: scrap that, the BBC were involved in exactly the same shit themselves:

Meanwhile people around here are back to playing host to members of their extended family at weekends. Kids being brought to visit grandparents, aunties and uncles, and mingling with other kids.

We had a PSA here about NOT visiting/gathering with family for mother's day. My GF went anyway. It's just her immidiate family of 4 and her brother picked her up so she wouldn't use the bus. I wasn't opposed as that gave me time to work/sleep.

protesta-en-stuttgart.jpeg
Stuttgart

Thousands of people have taken to the streets of German cities such as Munich, Berlin or Stuttgart this Saturday to protest against the restrictions that the German government has imposed to stop the advance of the coronavirus. Furthermore, they have done so while neglecting the safety distance imposed.

In the marches, which are marginal because Chancellor Angela Merkel has great popular support, extreme right-wing, far-left militants and followers of conspiracy theories, such as anti-vaccines, have met.

In Munich the police have explained that the organizers had submitted a request to demonstrate but only for 80 people. However, the security forces have chosen not to dissolve the protest as all participants were behaving in a peaceful manner.

In Berlin, however, things have become more complicated. The police have recalled through Twitter that these protests are not allowed and have indicated that they have launched bottles. "Many of the people do not see reason and remain in the place, some have escalated the source of the friendship of the peoples and throw bottles from the crowd at our colleagues," the security forces have denounced, referring to a concentration in the vicinity of Alexanderplatz square.

Crazy!

Back