The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

This is the clip I was referring to. Fantastic performance.

He is a bit flat on some parts (but really really really slightly... musicians can hear this). Otherwise a fantastic performance. Probably on par with the Ullevi one. Would need to hear Hallowed though to judge the whole show.

P. S. why is Nicko standing during Davey's solo.

Speed of Light last night. Bruce went lower on the last chorus, and missed a line. To be honest, I prefer it when he sings it in a lower register.

Wratchild sounds great. Love the scream.

Today is probably the last show that can change something setlist wise. The main question is will Trooper be played. If not, will it be just dropped or will it be replaced by HBTN.

Just read the article. He firstly states that they stole two verses. Then he says half of the lyrics. Either bad journalism or he doesnt know what he wants.

It is also alleged that the instrumental part of 'Life's Shadow' was used on Maiden's song 'The Nomad' which appeared on their 2000 album 'Brave New World'

Nomad is credited to Murray/Harris

The Trooper was not played during the concert in Northern Ireland in 2011.

I think Maiden always played it in Ireland. At least: I cannot find when it was not played when they visited the country. According to bootleg info, it was at least played in 1990 (first time in Ireland), 1993, 2003 and 2005.

Steve and Dave are being sued over Hallowed Be Thy Name and The Nomad. Wonder if that's why they dropped Hallowed Be Thy Name this year, and why it was dropped in 2012. I'm putting the link here because of setlists spoilers.

http://metaltalk.net/news_seventeen/hallowed_be_thy_claim.php
Wow, I was totally wrong- so he used a pseudonym back in the Beckett days.

Also worth noting that apparently when the original "secret settlement" took place five years ago, Hallowed was also left out of the setlist.

I'd bet this is at least part of the reason why we didn't hear Hallowed in 2012, and why we're not hearing it this year either.
The timeline fits. And Hallowed was rehearsed both times. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Back