Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

This of course only relates to, say, posting your own music/videos/etc and not asking people to share political or cute animal stuff - that annoys me.

Yeah, I guess my stance is softer than I first said. I can get behind "Help me spread the word about my upcoming school fundraiser / gig / etc." type posts, but I'm with you on the political / cute animal / "Help me get 1000 likes!" nonsense, and the "Copy / paste this into your status and tag 10 friends" chain-letter garbage.

My experience as a content creator has been that no one looks at the majority of your stuff. Facebook algorithms specifically detract against people (even your own friends/family/fans) from seeing your posts if they are self-promoting unless you pay them money to promote your post. Thus, asking people to share it is literally the only way it will ever get seen by more than 10-15 people.

This of course only relates to, say, posting your own music/videos/etc and not asking people to share political or cute animal stuff - that annoys me.
Yea I don't see a problem with any of that. Not much different than trying to organize a local street crew or whatever.

The number of attendants for tomorrow's party is decreasing by the hour. :facepalm: Even the girl solely responsible for making me look forward to tomorrow has gone from "attending" to "maybe". Dear Universe, don't make this a disappointing Friday night for me...

Even the girl solely responsible for making me look forward to tomorrow has gone from "attending" to "maybe".

Set your status to "maybe" too. Tell her you're unsure about the party, and whether she wants to go have a drink with you instead.

Tell them there'll be punch and pie?

I'm not the host so that really isn't in my control.
Set your status to "maybe" too. Tell her you're unsure about the party, and whether she wants to go have a drink with you instead.

Thing is, I have never spoken to her and she knows nothing about me. She's just a new girl at school (not in my class). After two weeks of exchanging glances, I was planning to break the ice tomorrow.

Admittedly, my advice has a chance of backfiring in that case.

Back