"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the coolest Maiden related event I can imagine. I am afraid there's plenty of competition, so my chances are small. You never know!

Are people picked by random to go? And how many can go on the trip? It's strange because the last such event I can remember didn't have enough signups and they had to cancel it.

1: if more applicants than seats: yes
2: not known
3: I'd be surprised. It's not only for fanclub members, also for people who won record label competitons.

I would hope so. I think it's already very late to have not announced it, it's only 7 working days til it's supposed to be release, doesn't leave a lot of time for taking pre-orders etc.

At this stage I would suspect this isn't getting a physical release

EDIT: Also, there's a possibility that they might be releasing the single a little later than the 14th
The single was already available for pre-order at Best Buy and it sold out.

I was thinking about something: The only review or words about the album are given by people who surely only had the chance to listen to the album but just one time, controlled by IM management staff I guess... So it is hard to get a real song by song review and be objective when you only hear the album 1 time... even more with big long songs. I guess there will be an official listening session pretty soon and the reviews will begin to be seen. But for me, you need at least 10-15 listen to.a maiden album before giving a real opinion. With one listen, you can feel thr vibe of the album as a whole, but that s about it.

My claim to fame is when I saw Blaze on his tour back in 2011. He hung around after the show so anyone could meet him. I got a pic with him and my X Factor CD booklet signed. It was really awesome!

Met Blaze in 1996 outside the Hammerjacks (the same one that's immortalized on the back cover of Somewhere in Time). Can't entirely recall the circumstance as it was mere seconds but he's the only band member past or present I've ever met. That was my first Maiden show too which made it rather special.

And I can't get over how many times I've read about members of Maiden going to local bars and restaurants. I can't think of any other band of their popularity that goes out and about in public like that. If they were in town and I had the time, I'd spend the day going into every place that they might be in hoping to get lucky and spot them.

I met Nicko.

I also met a guy who met all the band members multiple times. He showed me his Powerslave tour book. Each page had been signed by everyone, I'm not joking either, the pages were covered in signatures.

All the guys are gentlemen, you notice that right away in thier interviews and stuff.... Maybe Bruce can sometimes have a certain attitude, but hey, this guy wrote a book, fly planes, is building a new zepplin, made a movie, sing in the best metal band ... soooo I forgive him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back