Best first word on a Maiden album?

What is the best first word on a Maiden album is?

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
"Walking" is a good word. Active and sets a scene.

I like "longboats". Paints a picture of olden times.

Why is "eleven" the first word on the tenth album?

Nonetheless, I'm voting for "trace", as it's obviously the most unexpected and unusual.

Where's "hand"? Hands are cool!

Edit: Found the hand!
Brave New Hand, of course.

But what about the forthcoming album? I was the last album, so it shouldn't be I. Reunion era patterns indicatethat it should start with a consonant. But so far, the first words of 8 albums have started with a consonant, therefore, to address the imbalance, the first word of the next album could begin with a vowel. How about 'A'?

I just noticed the question in the poll. Need a more appropriate explanation of my vote.

I don't really like seven. It's not better than longboats or trace. I think walking is the best first word on a Maiden album is. So I voted seven.

Sunday, July 4. West Germany defeats Hungary 3-2 for footballs 5th World Cup in Berne. Leading 2-0 in the final within eight minutes, it seemed as if Hungary would romp to victory but in the pouring rain they would be on the receiving end of a famous Fritz Walter-led German recovery. An 84th minute Uwe Rahn goal clinched a 3-2 triumph for Sepp Herberger’s men. The match is known as ‘The Miracle of Bern’ in Germany, so unlikely was the triumph.

[attachment deleted by admins]

No offense to German football fans, but I wish the Miracle of Bern never happened. The Mighty Magyars deserved to have a World Cup championship attached to their name.

Last edited:
Sunday, July 4. West Germany defeats Hungary 3-2 for footballs 5th World Cup in Berne. Leading 2-0 in the final within eight minutes, it seemed as if Hungary would romp to victory but in the pouring rain they would be on the receiving end of a famous Fritz Walter-led German recovery. An 84th minute Uwe Rahn goal clinched a 3-2 triumph for Sepp Herberger’s men. The match is known as ‘The Miracle of Bern’ in Germany, so unlikely was the triumph.

[attachment deleted by admins]

Uuuuuuuh...okay.
I don't like the Wunder von Bern either, since every time I hear it I immediatey think it concerns my country but then it hits me that its about Germany. And Germany's relationship with football is just annoying.

You're too young to understand this. :p

No no I'm entirely aware of the Wonder of Bern and the admittedly awesome players Germany had back then. I know who Gerd "The Bomber" Müller is. I'm just not entirely sure ho this all fits into a thread about first words on a Maiden album. Or am I missing something.

Alrighty then. Nice weather we're having, by the way! (he says in a desperate attempt to distract from his embarrassment)

No no I'm entirely aware of the Wonder of Bern and the admittedly awesome players Germany had back then. I know who Gerd "The Bomber" Müller is. I'm just not entirely sure ho this all fits into a thread about first words on a Maiden album. Or am I missing something.

Actually, Gerd Müller was just a 9 year old kid when the Miracle of Bern happened. Germans' stars were Fritz Walter and Helmut Rahn.

Aus dem Hintergrund müsste Rahn schießen – Rahn schießt – Tooooor! Tooooor! Tooooor! Tooooor!

Back