USA Politics

I am sure some are concerned with what happened. I think they are being used as pawns. But mass amounts of people running around causing general mayhem and injuring others are just a bunch of thugs.

"Police said Tuesday that more than 150 shots were fired in Ferguson, Missouri, during a night of unrest that followed a grand jury’s decision not to charge the white officer who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Michael Brown.

A dozen buildings blazed, police cars were vandalized and looting was reported in what police said was a spasm of violence worse than anything Ferguson saw in the restive nights that followed the original shooting in August. At least 82 people were arrested in all.
Smoke rose as dawn broke, fire trucks streamed water onto burned-out buildings, and authorities faced the task of reassuring the uneasy city of 21,000 people and broader St. Louis that calm could be restored."

You can find hundreds of pics like this, store after store looted .. what did the store owners/companies do again to deserve this?

B3RmuTICIAEYR0G.jpg

.. as for Wilson, you had 12 ordinary citizens look through all the evidence with a very low standard to bring the case to trial and they declined. He claimed he had a door slammed on his leg and he was punched in the face. They Grand Jury had pics of his face and leg from right after the incident. The autopsy indicated Brown was reaching for the gun and the "he had his hands up" claim was bullshit.

So when someone reaches for your gun, you kill him, according to law?

Perhaps Brown's hand was reached out in self defense.

If Wilson had fired the gun twice, hitting Brown once in the hand... Then still: Later, Wilson fired additional shots that killed Brown.

Edit:
Melinek has since sought to qualify those comments, saying that the autopsy report supports Officer Darren Wilson’s statement that Brown was reaching for the gun but that other scenarios are possible.
(source: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_e98a4ce0-c284-57c9-9882-3fb7df75fef6.html )

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/u...ed-at-darren-wilson-prosecutor-says.html?_r=0

"
The most credible eyewitnesses to the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., said he had charged toward Police Officer Darren Wilson just before the final, fatal shots, the St. Louis County prosecutor said Monday night as he sought to explain why a grand jury had not found probable cause to indict the officer.

The accounts of several other witnesses from the Ferguson neighborhood where Mr. Brown, 18 and unarmed, met his death on Aug. 9 — including those who said Mr. Brown was trying to surrender — changed over time or were inconsistent with physical evidence, the prosecutor, Robert P. McCulloch, said in a news conference."

====

"Some people claiming to be eyewitnesses said Mr. Brown was shot in the back, Mr. McCulloch said, but later changed their stories when autopsies found no injuries entering his back."

So when someone reaches for your gun, you kill him, according to law?

Perhaps Brown's hand was reached out in self defense.

If Wilson had fired the gun twice, hitting Brown once in the hand... Then still: Later, Wilson fired additional shots that killed Brown.

Edit:
(source: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_e98a4ce0-c284-57c9-9882-3fb7df75fef6.html )

They are going to release the grand jury transcripts ... you can read those if you want. But you left out the "punched in the face" happened before the "reach for the gun"

I'm trying to rationalise what is happening in Ferguson. How fragile must civilisation be if one wrong act can trigger so much violence and naked savagery? How close is man to beast? Can this happen in Europe?

Well, something similar did happen in Europe. Remember the London riots in 2011 after a man was killed by police in Tottenham?

Bearfan, the officer will have to come up with justification not for firing his gun the first time, but for each and every bullet that came out of his firearm.

Bearfan, the officer will have to come up with justification not for firing his gun the first time, but for each and every bullet that came out of his firearm.

He did .. in front of the grand jury ... that is the point I have been trying to make.

Lets protest the death of a black man by killing a black man.

@PERTZFOX
Body of a Black male found near Canfield Apt in #Ferguson. In his 20s shot to death and set on fire. @FOX2now

Al Sharpton is going there to do a press conference. Why anyone gives that asshole the time of day is beyond me

I don't think that, according to US law, what happened was an indictable offense. I also doubt that Officer Wilson tried very hard not to kill Michael Brown. He probably didn't care, or was an inept cop who acted out of desperation. I can't say I was ever convinced he was shot in the back. But like bearfan says...more and more cops are wearing cameras and microphones. If I were a cop, I'd want to be wearing one 24-7, to protect me when someone says I'm corrupt.

Problem is that a lot of cops are crooked.

"The family called for peace." Bullshit

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/ferguson/burn-this-bitch-down-879056

Michael Brown's Stepfather Urged Protesters To "Burn This Bitch Down" After Grand Jury Announcement

Michael Brown’s stepfather last night repeatedly urged protesters to “Burn this bitch down” after a prosecutor announced that no criminal charges would be filed against the Ferguson, Missouri police officer who killed the unarmed teenager.

Louis Head, an ex-con who is married to Brown’s mother, Lesley McSpadden, was with McSpadden outside the Ferguson Police Department headquarters Monday evening as prosecutor Robert McCulloch disclosed that a grand jury declined to vote an indictment against Officer Darren Wilson in the August 9 shooting.

After consoling a weeping McSpadden, the 38-year-old Head--who was standing atop a platform in the middle of the agitated crowd of several hundred protesters--began screaming “Burn this bitch down!" He did this at least ten times, and at one point yelled for a microphone so that he could broadcast his message beyond the range of his unamplified voice.

While trying to incite the crowd, Head (pictured above) was wearing a commemorative t-shirt with the words “I Am Mike Brown” and a beanie, both of which bore a silkscreened photo of Brown in his high school cap and gown.

In the days preceding the grand jury announcement, McSpadden and Michael Brown, Sr. issued statements calling for peaceful protests in the wake of the panel's decision. Head, however, counseled arson. After a night of chaos and rioting in Ferguson, at least 10 businesses and two police cars were destroyed or damaged by fire, and 61 individuals were arrested.

Head is an ex-convict whose rap sheet includes two felony narcotics convictions, according to state records. He pleaded guilty in 1997 to a marijuana distribution charge and was put in a shock incarceration program and placed on probation for five years. After violating probation, Head’s release was revoked and he was remanded to state prison.

In mid-2003, Head was charged with narcotics trafficking, a felony count to which he later pleaded guilty. The St. Louis native was sentenced to seven years in prison. He was released in June 2008 after serving about five years in custody.

Along with McSpadden, Head is at the center of an ongoing Feguson Police Department investigation of an incident last month during which three vendors selling commemorative Michael Brown merchandise were assaulted. One of the victims, Michael Brown, Sr.'s mother-in-law, identified McSpadden and Head as among the “attackers” who ransacked her stands and stole $400 in cash and merchandise worth $1500.

According to USA Today, McSpadden and Head were married earlier this year, before Brown's killing.

upload_2014-11-25_19-40-33.png

Err.... yeah. Not that Ferguson. But "Sad But True" indeed.

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-25_19-39-49.png
    upload_2014-11-25_19-39-49.png
    685 KB · Views: 2
Ferguson: 67% is black
6 council members are white, 1 is black
94% of the police officers are white.

Average income in the USA of a black man: 32,000 dollars
Average income in the USA of a white man: 55,000 dollars

Study:
44% of blacks youth studies
66% of white youth studies

Unemployment:
12,6% of black people without a job
6,6% of white people without a job

Prison:
4,3% of black people without a job
0,7% of black people without a job

"One hundred years later, the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land."

People who fought with Martin Lutjer King in the civil right movements are starting to wonder if it all was for nothing? The position of most blacks has not become a better one.

Amnesty International has come to Ferguson because of their concern about excessive violence by the police force of Ferguson. That means something does it?

Racism has been woven deeply into the American criminal justice system. The way prosecutors deal with cases, black people are more often pulled into criminal justice system. The degrees of punishments are -in average- 20% higher for black people than for white people. In every phase of the system there's an element of racism. The criminal justice system sends the signal: you, black civilians, you second rank civilians, are less important than white civilians.

And that is why these incidents happen. It's not just Brown. It's the way police and other officials deal with black people.

About the grandjury: they had too much, and too early on their plate.
First there should have been a charge (probable cause is the minimum to start prosecution) and afterwards people should deal with the evidence.

The reconstruction (animated) on that was shown on CNN seems far fetched. Why would a guy walking on the street (after ebing asked to walk on the sidewalk) start to bash a car window attacking the officer. And even if so: One shot in the leg was enough. It looks like the violence Wilson has used was disproportional.

Last edited:
The purpose of a grand jury is to determine if their should be a charge or not ... 12 people with no stake in the system determine there was not even the barest amount of evidence to bring a charge. They do not not even have to say there is enough evidence to say the officer is guilty. They just need to see enough evidence that he might be guilty.

People like Al Sharptron are scum of the highest order using trgedy liek this to line his own pockets. If anyone should be in jail, it should be him.

I agree there should be sentencing reform and criminal justice reform in general. Far too many people are in jail for drugs and other stuff that should be decriminilaized. All part of massive government excess in every level of society.

but this case is not an illustration of that at all

... and of course

Most Businesses Destroyed in Ferguson Minority Owned

November 25, 2014

FERGUSON, Missouri----KMOV-TV reports that the majority of stores that were damaged or completely destroyed during Monday night's violent riots in Ferguson were minority owned. Fire Departments around the St. Louis County Area put out 25 structural fires caused by vandals and looters following the announcement from the grand jury that Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson would not be indicted in the death of Mike Brown.

Most of the damaged businesses were on West Florissant Avenue and included: Walgreens, Little Caesers Pizza, Autozone, Beauty Town, Title Max, Family Dollar Store, and O'Reilly Auto Parts. Small-business owner Natalie Dubose was in tears when she realized her cake store was attacked by vandals.

Dubose, a mother of two, previously told CNN, "If I can't open my doors every morning, I can't feed my kids in the evening. Just don't burn my shop down, don't destroy it."

Back