Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

ITs Friday!! Which means two more days of work for me :/

But it's all good! Weather is starting to get nice, grass is starting to get green, life is good!

It was cloudy yesterday, but sunny today!

I'm bummed cus last weekend it was the warmest weekend of the year, and this one is shaping up nicely as well... and I have 2 12 hr shifts to work :/

Here's a confession: Although I'm a "I'll listen to anything that sounds good" guy, since this is the motto of all casual music listeners who don't go into depths of what they listen to, I call myself a progressive rock fan or jazz fusion fan when I'm asked what kind of music do I like in a non-music based environment, just to give the idea of "this guy knows what he's talking about". And it does help, casual fans who think knowing 5 songs from a band is enough to make you a fan and wear t-shirts of that band disappear after this remark and only people who are genuinely dedicated to music stay to talk.

Btw, it's Friday. Awesome.

Good Friday is a statutory holiday in Nova Scotia. As long as you're employed at a place for more than 30 days they have to pay you whatever your average shift is for the day. And my work closes on Good Friday, so there you go.

If I did work, it'd be time and a half plus stat pay.

Interestingly enough, Easter Sunday is just a regular day here too. Of course, Nova Scotia only has 5 stat days (the least in Canada) - New Year's, Good Friday, Canada Day, Labour Day, and Christmas Day. We used to have more (Victoria Day and Thanksgiving), but two governments ago they removed those because the Conservatives love business.

nice!

I think we have: New Years day, Xmas/eve, Labor day, Memorial day, Independence day. I think those are holiday/time + 1/2 dyas

The federal government has established 10 holidays + 1 every 4 years, but it's up to the Several States whether or not they reflect those with days off, paid days, etc.

Back