Vote for your least favourite bands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mckindog

Living for Sanctuary from the law
Staff member
A couple changes as we move forward:
1) Rounds will only last two days
2) In order to avoid individual tiebreakers within groups, if needed, I will run one final wild card qualifier round after the regular qualifiers are complete.

Advancing from Group A are the Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Faith No More and WASP.

On to group B.
Vote against as many bands as you wish. The four bands with the least amount of votes will advance.

Everyone except
Aerosmith
A7X
Death
Mastodon
Opeth
Symphony X

I can only vote for The Doors and Halestorm here. Two of the very few bands that I genuinely can't stand.

Dear Foro and Stardust...why?! :jedi:

The fact that Avenged Sevenfold is now tied with Opeth and SX means this whole thing is already a farce.

Just trying to protect some bands. We still have a few days so ties might dissolve.

Running Wild aren't what they used to be but they made some excellent metal til the mid nineties. Their collection of cool songs is so much larger than any of these other acts. I'll open the can a bit:
They could be epic..
...have intros that keep you at the edge of your seat... check this riff feast!
...and made one of the best instrumentals ever made:

Wishbone Ash have done such dynamic and melodic stuff, and mastered excellent musicianship.
Ted Turner on guitar! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Last edited:
Dear anyone else who might vote for Symphony X, please consider that they sound like this:

Now, please kindly go and vote for someone else.

They're so underrated here. What's with all the Symphony X hate?

I don't get it. They are a power/prog band with an absolutely incredible singer who doesn't sound like he's been punched in the sac recently and who is clearly influenced a lot by Dio. Considering the Dio and Dream Theater love on this board, it's just plain odd.

Hate is a strong word, "Not my cup of tea" is a more applicable phrase ;p

There's so many teas out there, Crimson, just add a little honey and they all taste good.

I don't get it. They are a power/prog band with an absolutely incredible singer who doesn't sound like he's been punched in the sac recently and who is clearly influenced a lot by Dio. Considering the Dio and Dream Theater love on this board, it's just plain odd.
This is clearly all down to exposure. This must be discussed in great detail.

There's so many teas out there, Crimson, just add a little honey and they all taste good.
But if I have to add something to them, then surely that argument can be applied to every band? ;) I mean.. even an autotuned cat probably sounds good, and that's essentially what "honey" is, right? :p

Back