Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

In this video
at 1:18 Dave is holding a piece of paper with the names of the songs they are going to play.

A page back (pg. 28 of this thread) wheeze posted two links (within a "Spoiler") that are screenshots of the setlist in Dave's hand from the video Maiden posted on their site (that Ariana just posted above). You can make out quite a lot on it, and there is speculation in posts after that based on a few things being quite hard to read. It's hard to argue it's not a setlist, even if they are practising
Running Free
and it doesn't appear on the list (--apparently; I didn't look that closely.)

Even though it is a nice setlist, I don't want to look too much into it. It could be a way for them to mess with us, or it could be a Practice Sheet where they are simply thinking of a setlist order and what songs to try out. But even so, I guess we will find out in less then 14 hours from now.

Apologies for the slip there guys! (Have hidden that track I accidentally mentioned...) Yeh, it could just be a practise sheet, as I think others have suggested. It's printed & has a encore break in it though.

I know. But it could a proposed setlist that they practiced to make sure everything would go okay. We won't know for sure until tonight, but I try to never trust vids and shots like that because they could edit it however they like.

That's true. But discussing this is an interesting way to spend the time until the real setlist eventually appears. :)

I think this is the most realistic setlist:

Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Trooper (Running Free? Wrathchild?)
The Prisoner
Infinite Dreams (Heaven Can Wait?)
Number of the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Hallowed be thy Name
Wasted Years
Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-------
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Run To The Hills

I put question marks beside songs that haven't been confirmed, and put songs that they might play instead of them. Anyway, just the confirmed songs themselves will make this an awesome show.
For me I think
Moonchild
Infinite dreams
Prisoner
still life
can i play w/ madness
Notb
Phantom of the opera
hallowed be thy name
wasted years
7th son
clairvoyant
fear of the dark
iron maiden
-----
aces high
evil that men do
run to the hills

Didn't they play a 20-something song gig at Donnington?? This being the opening night they might get excited or just don't know what to cut so they play the whole "possible" list. A more-than-16 song gig is very possible!!!:okok:

A page back (pg. 28 of this thread) wheeze posted two links (within a "Spoiler") that are screenshots of the setlist in Dave's hand from the video Maiden posted on their site (that Ariana just posted above). You can make out quite a lot on it, and there is speculation in posts after that based on a few things being quite hard to read. It's hard to argue it's not a setlist, even if they are practising
Running Free
and it doesn't appear on the list (--apparently; I didn't look that closely.)

Thank you!

A pretty incredible spot to be honest. Just watched the video again & barely noticed the paper in Dave's hand. Somehow I seriously doubt those filming this would have imagined this level of scrutiny.

Lol one of the first things I spotted in the video was that setlist with the big
Run To the Hills and Evil that Men Do
on it lol

I started thinking, maybe this setlist is a fake. I think steve is smart enough not to show the actual setlist, so he gave dave a fake one and told him to bearly show it. Iron Maiden may be smarter than you think

This all sounds pretty doubtful. I don't think anyone, here, is commenting on the intellectual credentials of the band; just saying they probably don't care that much about something that will be known for sure in under 24 hrs.

Depends how the interview was conducted. Adrian may have just stop listening (if that's how it was done) to the list (admittedly only three songs) the interviewer gave, and instead starting thinking about how to answer the basic question, with which they ended with. I'm not sure how much I'd read into it. Personally, I can't see why they'd play it, on this tour, anyway.

I'll be honest, Aces High is a song I'd never thought we'd hear live again. I thought it would have been laid to rest on Somewhere Back In Time... I know my friend will be happy, it is one of his favorite Maiden songs, and he wasn't able to go with me back in 2008, so if they DO play it live, it will be a very nice treat for him.

Hey outside setlist talk, I found funny that in the video they showed the Charlotte theatre or whatever it is where they are going to play.... Don't you think its a little small?

Back