Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I agree with them as well. I like NPFTD as an album quite a bit but that iteration of Eddie is far too ugly in my opinion.
No Prayer is the least unique album cover.
I would prefer something more medieval. We never saw Eddie clothed with a knight's armor, it could be cool to see that.
Something medieval would be cool and very fitting for the band. Maybe a warrior again.

There are still some incarnations left for Eddie: sea creature, machine, spirit, wizard...
2.5 weeks of just binging on TMP and now back to maiden. Feels good to be back
I have to say something - Maiden are the only band that can 100% make me feel amazing with new material!

No Prayer is the least unique album cover.

Something medieval would be cool and very fitting for the band. Maybe a warrior again.

There are still some incarnations left for Eddie: sea creature, machine, spirit, wizard...

I have to say something - Maiden are the only band that can 100% make me feel amazing with new material!
I feel a sense of home & security in Iron Maiden.

OK this is getting a little weird and kinda spammy even for this thread. Maybe try the Madness forum.

Anyone got any Iron Maiden links or interviews?

“I look forward to catching up with them later in the year in Sydney” from Kevin Shirley’s insta. Two possibilities: Discussion on recording on new album (I fucking hope it’s this) or Producing the new live album.

“I look forward to catching up with them later in the year in Sydney” from Kevin Shirley’s insta. Two possibilities: Discussion on recording on new album (I fucking hope it’s this) or Producing the new live album.
Maybe he just wants to meet the band. Although he shared a pic from SJ's recording sessions and said it feels like a long time ago. They can discuss the recording of a new album early next year (I really hope), as for the live album, the last ones shows they won't use him, unfortunately.

I'm almost as excited about a new live album being produced by Shirley instead of Newton as I am for the prospect of a new studio album. Newton's production has ruined the last couple of live albums for me and to this day I still haven't managed to listen to the entirety of TBOS Live Chapter, due to getting annoyed at how bad certain things sound.

I'd obviously prefer a new studio album though. It's just the trepidation that a setlist as unique and interesting as The Future Past tour could get the same treatment as the other Newton releases. The setlist deserves better and most of all we, the fans, deserve better.

Last edited:
Maybe he just wants to meet the band. Although he shared a pic from SJ's recording sessions and said it feels like a long time ago. They can discuss the recording of a new album early next year (I really hope), as for the live album, the last ones shows they won't use him, unfortunately.
Have the studio booked maybe for early 2025?

I'm almost as excited about a new live album being produced by Shirley instead of Newton than I am for the prospect of a new studio album. Newton's production has ruined the last couple of live albums for me and to this day I still haven't managed to listen to the entirety of TBOS Live Chapter, due to getting annoyed at how bad certain things sound.

I'd obviously prefer a new studio album though. It's just the trepidation that a setlist as unique and interesting as The Future Past tour could get the same treatment as the other Newton releases. The setlist deserves better and most of all we, the fans, deserve better.
TBoS: live chapter is probably the only live album I barely listen to. Bruce sounds bad on it and some of the songs don’t sound that great.

I will bet though that The Future Past Live album will be probably be the best selling Live album of the post-reunion era. ATG being played live was every maiden fans wet dream and that dream was finally realized. Overall bringing back songs from the past (The Prisoner, CSIT, Strange Land) are gonna certainly be some selling points. And then we have Hell on Earth (sounded fan-fucking-tastic live) which is the icing on the cake.

TBoS: live chapter is probably the only live album I barely listen to. Bruce sounds bad on it and some of the songs don’t sound that great.

I will bet though that The Future Past Live album will be probably be the best selling Live album of the post-reunion era. ATG being played live was every maiden fans wet dream and that dream was finally realized. Overall bringing back songs from the past (The Prisoner, CSIT, Strange Land) are gonna certainly be some selling points. And then we have Hell on Earth (sounded fan-fucking-tastic live) which is the icing on the cake.
The only live album that I rarely listen to is 'Nights Of The Dead', because the sound is horrible, you can't hear the crowd, Bruce is singing horribly on some songs and the band can't play properly some songs, they make mistakes in notes or tempo sometimes. 'The Live Chapter' for me was far better in terms of production and interpretation of songs. ;)

Back