The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been reading the comments on Facebook regarding the wacken set not being streamed.

Can’t believe how many self entitled whiny fuckwits have been moaning. I thought there might have been a few Moaners amongst wacken ticket holders who couldn’t make the show due to the weather and that I can at least understand a little. No, I’ve read a ton of posts from people going bat shit crazy over the lack of a stream who hadn’t even bought a ticket for a single gig this tour.

People who had planned a big evening with mates round and a load of beers to watch the stream and complaining that Maiden are just money grabbers and everyone should be able to witness this tour. One guy in particular was pretty vocal saying that the band don’t care about people who can’t go to gigs. Unbelievable!!!

Just been reading the comments on Facebook regarding the wacken set not being streamed.

Can’t believe how many self entitled whiny fuckwits have been moaning. I thought there might have been a few Moaners amongst wacken ticket holders who couldn’t make the show due to the weather and that I can at least understand a little. No, I’ve read a ton of posts from people going bat shit crazy over the lack of a stream who hadn’t even bought a ticket for a single gig this tour.

People who had planned a big evening with mates round and a load of beers to watch the stream and complaining that Maiden are just money grabbers and everyone should be able to witness this tour. One guy in particular was pretty vocal saying that the band don’t care about people who can’t go to gigs. Unbelievable!!!
Would've been a nice gesture for the 25,000 fans who got turned way, in fairness...

Would've been a nice gesture for the 25,000 fans who got turned way, in fairness...
Why? It’s not the bands fault that fans were turned away. If Maiden are planing to release a live album and maybe video and it was never intended to be streamed why should they change there plans?

Streaming the set would give millions of fans around the world access to the stream and not just the 25,000 that couldn’t get into the festival. It would have been up on Facebook within minutes too. Then fans would have moaned again when Rod states: “no point releasing any video as you can watch a pro shot stream on Facebook for free so no concert footage”

Seems a bit of an odd thing to say if it was just the next leg of the tour. Normally that would be a "we'll see you all again next year/very soon" or similar.

Live video/DVD I assume wouldn't be announced until after the tour is finished.

Could be our first hint of them recording another album.
This. Maybe they changed their plans (I'm thinking about Steve's interview). Bruce likes to tease us.
It's about what will happen in 2025. The best would be new album + more deep cuts in the set, like now. And remember the ''5 years plan'' - SJ was recorded in 2019, add 5 years and 2024 is their time to record it, if they want and if they changed their plans. They always find ways to surprise us and usually say ''can't tell you what'' about a new album. They have time to record the album this winter or early next year (but if the tour will start in March, then they will only have 2 months, and we know they record for at least 3 months, although we don't know how much leftover material they have from the SJ sessions... Nicko has one song). Or they can record it next year (when hopefully Nicko is back on form) after the tour in the winter.

Btw, Bruce will have the same months for a solo tour.
Also, even if they switch things up drastically, I think some songs like Alex and Hell On Earth are staying for another round.
^I highly doubt about that.
Maybe it will be a new documentary + live concert video/album like Flight 666. Along with the History of Iron Maiden Parts 4, 5 and 6.
I doubt we will get more History Parts. As for a new documentary, it's possible, but probably not for a tour again. For the band, there may be in the future.
South America and Japan in March according to some people on the fanclub forum.
It seems next year's tour will be 5/6 months. Senjutsu & Stratego would have been great in Japan.

Last edited:

Exactly how dare people expect a live stream of the concert after the organizer posted graphics indicating such a stream. The insolence of fans knows no bounds.

Exactly how dare people expect a live stream of the concert after the organizer posted graphics indicating such a stream. The insolence of fans knows no bounds.

How dare Maiden protect their own intellectual copyright.

BTW: a stream of loads of previously unreleased content actually WAS provided. Was that not good enough? Why should people expect a stream of a live event be provided to them free of charge? Why don't Maiden just release everyting for free and play free gigs as well?

Last edited:

BTW: a stream of loads of previously unreleased content acutally WAS provided. Was that not good enough? Why should people expect a stream of a live event be provided to them free of charge? Why don't Maiden just release everyting for free and play free gigs as well?
I thought the unreleased material was pretty cool. It was great to see some pro shot footage from 2010. I’m still gutted I missed that tour.

That graphic was up for roughly 10 minutes and was clearly a miscommunication.
Sure it was, but narration here is that it's people fault that they believe in things like that. Ergo - we can communicate whatever we want and then change it and no one has right to be angry. I understand people who seen first message and then went about their lives because they don't have time to hit refresh 100x times to see if that was correct information or not. :p

Why should people expect a stream of a live event be provided to them free of charge?
Because that was on banner? It's not like there was no info, right?

From marketing point of view - this reactions are normal. You promise something and then you're changing it because it was a mistake - people are upset. Nothing new here and I don't understand this fan blaming and talks about expecting freebies when that's exactly what was promised.

But again - since I work in marketing i've seen situations like that many, many times. Reaction is same everytime - no matter if that's Iron Maiden, beer brand or some local shop with donuts. :)

would be nice if they were offering it to rewatch for those of us who missed it. Tried to watch Dark Tranquillity or something and got a message it is not available in my country. You tube version I checked was crap, video was choppy.

BTW: a stream of loads of previously unreleased content actually WAS provided. Was that not good enough? Why should people expect a stream of a live event be provided to them free of charge? Why don't Maiden just release everyting for free and play free gigs as well?
Won't somebody think of the multimillionaires???
1691491675906.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back