The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only watched videos here and there, so that there is still enough excitement for "my" gig.
Interestingly, it is "Death of the Celts" that has stuck in my head. And it's not even my favorite "Senjutsu" song. There must be a musical reason for that, but I haven't figured it out yet.

But apparently it has the role of "Blood Brothers" in that Bruce talks about humanity etc. beforehand.
Death of the Celts is my least fave as well from Senjutsu. And by that I mean it's like a 9/10 instead of a 10/10 like the other 9 songs. And I think the one reason is this: none of the melodies stick in my head. When the song is playing I'm like "oh yea this is nice and familiar" and then the moment The Parchment starts DotC has completely exited my brain.

Janick's songs are typically very high quality

You know, as the go-to Janick fan, I feel entitled to say that I probably like The Time Machine the least* of his contributions to the last eight albums (yes, that is since TXF), with the possible exception of Gates of Tomorrow.

And it is still a rather solid song. Even if we were talking only about composing, that bloke has been giving his best to Maiden for the past 30 years.

Out of those 8 albums I mentioned, he wrote or co-wrote my favourite song on 6 of those (okay, I'm not 100 % sure about The Talisman anymore, but then again, he had the favourite song and the second one on BNW, so it probably evens out)

(he'd almost have TXF as well, if 'Arry didn't bring out his best game - and while competing with 'Arry on Senjutsu seems even more futile, I'm still giving an honorable mention to Stratego).

*Ah, don't listen to me, I'm just mostly disappointed that the chorus didn't go

A time machine
In a time machine
A time machine
In a time machine

In a time machine
A time machine
In a time machine
A time machine

You know, as the go-to Janick fan, I feel entitled to say that I probably like The Time Machine the least* of his contributions to the last eight albums (yes, that is since TXF), with the possible exception of Gates of Tomorrow.

And it is still a rather solid song. Even if we were talking only about composing, that bloke has been giving his best to Maiden for the past 30 years.
100% agreed. Fortunately The Time Machine comes alive at concerts with that whole jumping part.

I think “The Time Machine” feels like a celebration of his stint with Maiden. There’s a lot of different bits that he recycled in that song, and they all feel so fresh.

Krakow pre-show​

Apparently Bruce was seeing Deep Purple on the same venue last night! Speaking of Bruce, he's been very chill and in good spirits for these first weeks of the tour. I think his on-stage presence is very relaxed and there's lots of interaction with the fans. As much as I loved the theatre of LOTB, this "lesser" approach to wardrobe and whatever also has it's perks, I think. At least at show I saw he was all smiles and laughs and seemed to be having lots of fun. :)

Apparently Bruce was seeing Deep Purple on the same venue last night!

Reading this kinda unexpectedly hit me hard. The fact that freakin' Deep Purple (is there, like, older band still functioning?*) can release acclaimed albums and do gigs like nothing makes me wonder if we're not seriously underestimating Maiden, as far as their age and capabilities go.

* oh yeah, the Stones. Unfortunately, what's remaining of them is not what it used to be. Saw them in 2018 and there was already a noticeable decline, though the concert was still great.

I've bought GA ticket with Early Entrance option for second day in Krakow, does someone know what that means, when I can get in? I suppose after the FTTB and before someone with regular tickets?

I've bought GA ticket with Early Entrance option for second day in Krakow, does someone know what that means, when I can get in? I suppose after the FTTB and before someone with regular tickets?
Not exactly sure if it's the same, but I saw them last year in Cologne. Didn't have FTTB, who obviously got in first, but I had a regular ticket, went early to the venue and got a paper wrist band that allowed me to enter the front section of the floor (there are barriers that create sections and without that band you couldn't go to the first part).

We were allowed to enter around 16:00 and I managed to get a spot between Adrian and Bruce, with only two rows of people in front of me. There were two opening acts and Maiden started playing at 21:00, so I had to wait quite a bit, but it was worth it.

Reading this kinda unexpectedly hit me hard. The fact that freakin' Deep Purple (is there, like, older band still functioning?*) can release acclaimed albums and do gigs like nothing makes me wonder if we're not seriously underestimating Maiden, as far as their age and capabilities go.

* oh yeah, the Stones. Unfortunately, what's remaining of them is not what it used to be. Saw them in 2018 and there was already a noticeable decline, though the concert was still great.
Agreed. They might have more years left in them than many are willing to give What is really impressive to me is how long they've had basically the same group of guys in the band compared to most other bands. I think there's only 3 "classic" members of Purple left performing?
Maiden fans are extremely fortunate to have this sort of band stability as long as we have.

Not exactly sure if it's the same, but I saw them last year in Cologne. Didn't have FTTB, who obviously got in first, but I had a regular ticket, went early to the venue and got a paper wrist band that allowed me to enter the front section of the floor (there are barriers that create sections and without that band you couldn't go to the first part).

We were allowed to enter around 16:00 and I managed to get a spot between Adrian and Bruce, with only two rows of people in front of me. There were two opening acts and Maiden started playing at 21:00, so I had to wait quite a bit, but it was worth it.
We'll see, I'm planning to be at the venue somewhere about 15-16pm, I hope to be in the front section of GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back