Your top 3 tracks off Piece of Mind besides The Trooper?

Your top 3 tracks off Piece of Mind besides The Trooper?

• Total voters
Revelations, Flight of Icarus and Still Life. Revelations just topped Die With Your Boots On.

The Trooper is my third favorite song from POM, beaten by the masterpiece that is Still Life and the great rocker Flight of Icarus.

To Tame A Land comes in fourth.

I went with "Where Eagles Dare", "Revelations", and "Die With Your Boots On".

While I really like "Flight Of Icarus" live, I'm less of a fan of the album version because of the sound of the vocal harmonies.

I didn't really get the "Trooper" exclusion. It doesn't quite make sense because, for instance, it's not in my Top 3. Its exclusion doesn't make any difference to me, and to many others I think. Anyway...

My Top 3 (with or without "The Trooper") would be:
  1. "Still Life"
  2. "Revelations"
  3. "Flight of Icarus"

Revelations obviously. It's the best song on the album. It's difficult to pick the two other songs. To Tame A Land is brilliant, quite unique in Maiden's catalogue IMO, so maybe that one and Still Life.

Honestly I've never really ranked any songs from POM before. The trooper isn't in my top 3 from that album though, I'd say it's my 4th favorite track following #1.Still Life,#2.Flight of Icarus,#3.Revelations. Those are my top 3, and while I'm at it I guess I'll just rank all the songs from that album.
starting from 'The Trooper'
#4.The Trooper
#5.Where Eagles Dare (I would't want to shorten the song but I find the music section a bit to dragging IMO)
#6.Die with your boots on
#7.To Tame a Land
#8.Quest for Fire (above 'Sun and steel' because it's funner to sing, some great high notes that are not to dragging)
#9.Sun and Steel

Never thought about the album in this way before, it's a surprisingly tough question.

Revelations and Where Eagles Dare comfortably occupy two of the three spots but the third is a close call between Icarus, Still Life and To Tame a Land. I'm going with Icarus but if you asked me tomorrow it could easily be one of the other two.

I often forget how strong of an album it is, I overlook it a lot given that it's sandwiched between the higher profile NOTB and Powerslave.

1.Where Eagles Dare 10/10
2.To Tame a Land 10/10
3.Flight of Icarus 10/10
4.Revelations 10/10
5.Still Life 10/10
6.The Trooper 10/10
7.Die With Your Boots On 9/10
8.Sun and Steel 8.5/10
9.Quest for Fire 8/10

Four of the songs on Piece of Mind are 10/10 for me: The Trooper, Still Life, Revelations, and Where Eagles Dare.

trooper is not the best song on the album, it's the single and the song the record label and radio stations played so it's the most recognizable of the album. Still Life, Revelations, Where Eagles Dare and To Tame a Land are better IMO

The Trooper doesn't crack my top 3 from POM (probably comes in 4th).

Going with To Tame a Land, Flight of Icarus and Revelations (no set order)

Back