Your opinion on Bruce Remasters sound

DREAMASTER

Invader
What's your opinion on the Remasters sound comparing to the Original albums sound ?
Please tell if there is a difference of sound and how for each remaster of Bruce albums.

[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This about as interesting as asking about the difference between a long-haired Bruce and a short-haired one... [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 17 2005, 03:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 17 2005, 03:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]This about as interesting as asking about the difference between a long-haired Bruce and a short-haired one...  [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]112314[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Not quite. You have the SIT remaster example, most fans think the original has better sound than the remaster version, which isn't quite good.
So, I wanted to know if theres's something like this on Bruce remasters. Plus, Road To Hell remasters version is difeent from the original version if you didn't knew that .

Who cares? Most people here will have only one edition anyway.

I'm really tired of these "199x Remasters vs 199x Remasters vs 200x Remasters vs original version vs original un-remastered CD issue" threads that pop up on too many Music boards to mention; it's one of the reasons I don't post on other boards that deal with some of my favourite bands such as Led Zeppelin or Queen. There have been too many remastered re-issues of so-called "Classic Albums" for any sane person to care about.
Seriously: If there is only one remastered version of an album available on CD, what's the big deal of caring about whether it is as good, better or worse than the original (mostly LP) edition?

I had really hoped that this kind of "discussion" would never pop up here.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jul 17 2005, 05:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jul 17 2005, 05:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Who cares? Most people here will have only one edition anyway.

I'm really tired of these "199x Remasters vs 199x Remasters vs 200x Remasters vs original version vs original un-remastered CD issue" threads that pop up on too many Music boards to mention; it's one of the reasons I don't post on other boards that deal with some of my favourite bands such as Led Zeppelin or Queen. There have been too many remastered re-issues of so-called "Classic Albums" for any sane person to care about.
Seriously: If there is only one remastered version of an album available on CD, what's the big deal of caring about whether it is as good, better or worse than the original (mostly LP) edition?

I had really hoped that this kind of "discussion" would never pop up here.
[snapback]112322[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That's is not my kind of discussion. Coz I know some remasters are not better than the originals version. I asked coz I'm thinking of buying them but if any of them don't sound better than the originals then I don't want to buy them or I'll keep a copy of the original too.

I thought the new version of AOB sounded stronger than the original.
Couldn't hear much difference with the other albums though.

What I find more relevant is the great amount of bonus tracks (which makes the Bruce remasters much more interesting than Iron Maiden remasters).

I can recommend all the Bruce remasters very much, even if you already possess the older ones!

If you don't have originals, then I definitely recommend the remasters! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

How do you know that if you haven't bought the remasters yet? And if you downloaded it, I wouldn't trust the names of the files.

The version of "Road To Hell" on The Best Of Bruce is a little bit different, but there's no difference between the 1997 and the 2005 album versions... only a little problem at the beginning was changed, on the 1997 version the song started with a single snare drum hit, because the first snare drum hit was at the end of track #5.

A fan in the Maiden forum said that the 2005 re-issues aren't remastered: [a href=\'http://www.ironmaiden.org/showpost.php?p=2671618&postcount=9\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.ironmaiden.org/showpost.php?p=2671618&postcount=9[/a]

Well, if you're so fond of the IMBB, why don't you just stay there and leave us alone with your preposterous questions? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Tell me something, all fans on Maiden forum are bad ppl ?!
I just wanted to get some answers from most ppl possible.

Answers to an uninteresting question can indeed be interesting... or not. It still doesn't make the question interesting... [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 18 2005, 07:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 18 2005, 07:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well, if you're so fond of the IMBB, why don't you just stay there and leave us alone with your preposterous questions?  [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]112419[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think you're being a little bit harsh here, Mav [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-DREAMASTER+Jul 18 2005, 06:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DREAMASTER @ Jul 18 2005, 06:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  Tell me something, all fans on Maiden forum are bad ppl ?!
[snapback]112421[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Have you ignored my post or not?: MORE TRACKS available on the remasters. If you know this, then why still care for sound difference?

[!--QuoteBegin-Forostar+Jul 19 2005, 01:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Forostar @ Jul 19 2005, 01:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Have you ignored my post or not?: MORE TRACKS available on the remasters. If you know this, then why still care for sound difference?
[snapback]112488[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Don't worry I read your post [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hehe, I remember people on the IMBB bitching about the Megadeth remasters as well. But I've only started to get the Bruce albums and it's great that they're remastered because they're in plentiful supply with all those bonus tracks.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Try three years  :D

Anyways, i just wanted to reply to this :

Not quite. You have the SIT remaster example, most fans think the original has better sound than the remaster version, which isn't quite good.

I can agree with this fully. I have SIT on both vinyl and remaster CD issue. The original has guitars more upfront. The remaster has really boosted drums (especially cymbals). It somewhat lacks the spacy-futuristic-'80s sound of the original (and i'm not talking about vinyl crackling and other stuff that adds to atmosphere).

On the other hand, i have both remastered and original SSOASS too. The remaster is better, more clear. I can't hear any significant difference between No Prayer remaster and vinyl. I can't hear any difference between original vinyl LAD, remaster CD LAD, and the version that came out on the LAD DVD.

On 'Skunkworks' the bass guitar sounds more prominent in the remastered edition.
Forostar said:
[!--QuoteBegin-DREAMASTER+Jul 18 2005, 06:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DREAMASTER @ Jul 18 2005, 06:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  Tell me something, all fans on Maiden forum are bad ppl ?!
[snapback]112421[/snapback]​

Have you ignored my post or not?: MORE TRACKS available on the remasters. If you know this, then why still care for sound difference?

No reason to care for the sound unless you're not deaf enough.
On 'Skunkworks' the bass guitar sounds more prominent in the remastered edition.

Back