Your favourite Iron Maiden song credited solo to Dickinson?

Vote for your favourite Maiden song credited solo to Dickinson!

• Revelations

• Flash of the Blade

• Powerslave

• Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter

• If Eternity Should Fail

• Empire of the Clouds

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stardust

Rainmaker
Well, the topic title says everything. I don't need to say much else, except this is the first time in forever that I've created a thread. That's something, I guess.

Anyways, I think I know what I can expect from the results, but I'm not 100% sure. Well, time to find out!

Discuss!

Take out Bring Your Daughter and you have a really solid top 5 Maiden songs. Hope he writes more on the next album.

Revelations, easily, but not because it's written by Dickinson.

The greatest concert experience of my life was in either late 84 or very early 85.

I was stationed in Germany, and I saw them at a place called Hammerlein Hall* (I think).

There were no seats at all, the place was like a huge gym or something. Motley Crue opened.

There were 5 or 6 of us, and we just bullied our way to the stage. It was about chest high.

I mean, my hands were on the stage. For f*cking Maiden, man!

Smith and Murray stood shoulder to shoulder, right in front of me, not 5 feet away, when they tore through the leads in Revelations.

I'm getting goosebumps right now just remembering it.

So yea, Revelations gets my vote.

* I'll tell the tale of my greatest concert experience ever at another time.

Definitely Powerslave, it's such a masterpiece. One of the most singular Maiden tracks.

Gotta go with "Powerslave", but "Flash Of The Blade" would be a close #2 for me. Very underrated song.

In order:

1. Revelations
2. Powerslave
3. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter (I've never got the hate for this song...)
4. Empire of the Clouds
5. Flash of the Blade
6. If Eternity Should Fail... which is still a song I really like

Back