Your favourite concert from The Early Days

What is your favourite concert from the Early Days DVD?

• Live at the Ruskin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live at the Rainbow

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Beast over Hammersmith

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Live at Dortmund

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Invader

Ancient Mariner
Simple enough, what is your favourite concert from the aforementioned DVD?  The earlier ones might not be on par with the later ones (especially Live at the Ruskin  :bigsmile: ) but I guess nostalgy comes into it too. 

For me, it's a tough choice between Hammersmith and Dortmund.  I guess I'll say Hammersmith, because I actually like the lighting.  The darkness and high contrasts make it very unique, whereas Dortmund looks more "regular".  My one complaint is that Adrian is hardly shown at all during Hammersmith; didn't they have a camera on his side?

Hammersmith.  It's easily Maiden's best live album, and has the best recording of Hallowed I've ever heard.  It's just a pity that it's not the full thing...I would have loved to see Drifter, with the interaction.

Hammersmith, for the same reasons I posted in the "Favourite Live Album" thread.

Live at the Rainbow - because I was there. It was also my first proper gig - let alone my first Maiden gig.

Hammersmith. I'd like to say the way they played 'The Prisoner' on this was superb, and made me stand up and like the song 100 times more...I love it when a live version of a song can make you stand up and go "How did I not like this song before???"  :lol:

Reorxx said:
Hammersmith. I'd like to say the way they played 'The Prisoner' on this was superb, and made me stand up and like the song 100 times more...I love it when a live version of a song can make you stand up and go "How did I not like this song before???"  :lol:

Never mind the live version, how the hell could you not have liked the studio version?! :p

Hammersmith for me too.  As Raven said,  it's the best live recording Maiden ever did.  They played magnificently there.  I hate the Dortmund show because simply put,  Bruce sounds awful.  It's as if he's caught a cold or something.  As for the other shows,  well,  I'm not a fan of the Di Anno era  :halo:.

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread...oh well...

Hammersmith. For obvious reasons. :p

Raven said:
Never mind the live version, how the hell could you not have liked the studio version?! :p

Err, well, what I meant was I went from liking it to it being one of my favourite songs on that album. :lol:

Back