Weakest Song from each Iron Maiden album

I don't think it's perfect and alongside When Two Worlds Collide it's one of the weakest songs on the album, but it's grown on me from WORST MAIDEN SONG EVER to "hey, this is pretty cool!"

No, it's not perfect, but it's terribly underappreciated. Not half as bad as some make it out to be.

This guy listened to every Maiden album song for song making videos and loved many, felt meh on some but here is his top 5..... His comments are pretty spot on and agreeable. Pretty dope top 5 until he says his number one album

^ it's a fun album but in terms of musicianship and songwriting quality, certainly not up to par with others

That's a cool pick for #1. I don't agree but I'm glad someone likes it that much, without attacking the other albums with Bruce.

Maiden will never reach the production quality they had on SIT and SSOASS again, sadly. They can write better songs, but the production willl never top those two IMO. That's probably one of the reasons why they are omitting so many songs from those two albums. Because they just don't sound right live since the 00's.

SSOASS is the most consistent album Maiden has ever put out and SIT is the most magical one, mainly because of the atmosphere.

Maiden will never reach the production quality they had on SIT and SSOASS again, sadly. They can write better songs, but the production willl never top those two IMO. That's probably one of the reasons why they are omitting so many songs from those two albums. Because they just don't sound right live since the 00's.

SSOASS is the most consistent album Maiden has ever put out and SIT is the most magical one, mainly because of the atmosphere.

I think the new maiden fan explained them quite well as you did in the magic of SIT. It's a true feel good album.... it feels amazing listening to it.

Somewhere in Time first listen reaction

Seventh Son first listen reaction

I'll mark the songs I dislike with *, because some of these I actually like, but they had to be picked.
*Running Free (I may say something blasphemic, but this song to me is something like californian punk. It even has L.A. jail in it)
Wrathchild (chorus)
Invaders (chorus)
Sun and Steel (I couldn't put Quest for Fire just because of the bad lyrics, it has great harmony and solos)
Flash of the Blade (verses are bad)
Heaven Can Wait (mostly because of the two minutes of whoo-o-o)
Can I Play With Madness (love it, but a bit too commercial sounding)
*Hooks In You (Why, H, for God's sake?)
*The Fugitive (not like it at all)
Look For the Truth (too much drumming in the chorus)
*When Two Worlds Collide (first time I heard Blaze's shouting of the last chorus I thought someone's out there to get me)
The Nomad (just because of the Beckett similarity part, especially because it didn't make the song itself better in any way)
*New Frontier (dead race with Hooks for the worst IM song EVER)
The Longest Day (just because of the repetitive chorus)
*Satellite 15/Final Frontier (I mean, what's the point of playing the same riff over and over, both in verses and choruses? Not to mention the robotic intro...)
*Shadow of the Valley (too many recycled ideas, bad chorus. After all, I don't remember Maiden song which jumpstarts just with an ordinary kick of the Nicko's drums)

Last edited:
  • IM: "Remember Tomorrow"
  • K: "Purgatory"
  • TNOTB: "Invaders"
  • POM: "Quest For Fire"
  • PS: "Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
  • SIT: "Caught Somewhere In Time"
  • SSoaSS: "The Prophecy"
  • NPFTD: "Fates Warning"
  • FOTD: "Childhood's End"
  • TXF: "Man on the Edge"
  • VXI: "The Educated Fool"
  • BNW: "Ghost of the Navigator"
  • DOD: "New Frontier"
  • AMOLAD: "Out of the Shadows"
  • TFF: "The Man Who Would Be King"
  • TBOS: "Shadows of the Valley"

I'll mark the songs I dislike with *, because some of these I actually like, but they had to be picked.
*Running Free (I may say something blasphemic, but this song to me is something like californian punk. It even has L.A. jail in it)
Wrathchild (chorus)
Invaders (chorus)
Sun and Steel (I couldn't put Quest for Fire just because of the bad lyrics, it has great harmony and solos)
Flash of the Blade (verses are bad)
Heaven Can Wait (mostly because of the two minutes of whoo-o-o)
Can I Play With Madness (love it, but a bit too commercial sounding)
*Hooks In You (Why, H, for God's sake?)
*The Fugitive (not like it at all)
Look For the Truth (too much drumming in the chorus)
*When Two Worlds Collide (first time I heard Blaze's shouting of the last chorus I thought someone's out there to get me)
The Nomad (just because of the Beckett similarity part, especially because it didn't make the song itself better in any way)
*New Frontier (dead race with Hooks for the worst IM song EVER)
The Longest Day (just because of the repetitive chorus)
*Satellite 15/Final Frontier (I mean, what's the point of playing the same riff over and over, both in verses and choruses? Not to mention the robotic intro...)
*Shadow of the Valley (too many recycled ideas, bad chorus. After all, I don't remember Maiden song which jumpstarts just with an ordinary kick of the Nicko's drums)

It's not even funny how much I agree with you. Except Flash of the Blade, that's a beautiful one. But yeah, Hooks in You and New Frontier are probably their worst.

Bruce sounds bored and the chorus gets stale fast. Not that I hate it... it's Maiden, after all. :p
Wow. I think OOTS is one of his best post-reunion vocal performances and it doesn't get stale at all. Go figure.

Back