Weakest Song from each Iron Maiden album

I actually prefer the recent blaze version of blood brothers I heard on you tube. Think it works better as an acoustic song plus blazes voice suited the song perfectly.

I actually prefer the recent blaze version of blood brothers I heard on you tube. Think it works better as an acoustic song plus blazes voice suited the song perfectly.
Understandable, since Steve reportedly started to write it during the VXI sessions. However, I love the song as it is and love it even more live. I used to share your opinion about it, but it has grown on me immensely.

It's also grown on me a lot too. Used to never give it the time of day but I've come round to it of recent, and the live version from En Vivo! is awesome.

1. Iron Maiden: Running Free
  2. Killers: Twilight Zone
  3. The Number Of The Beast: Invaders
  4. Piece Of Mind: Quest For Fire
  5. Powerslave: The Duelists
  6. Somewhere In Time: Heaven Can Wait
  7. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: The Prophecy
  8. No Prayer For The Dying: The Assassin
  9. Fear Of The Dark: The Apparition
  10. The X Factor: Man on the Edge
  11. Virtual XI: The Angel and the Gambler
  12. Brave New World: The Fallen Angel
  13. Dance Of Death: Age Of Innocence
  14. A Matter Of Life And Death: Different World
  15. The Final Frontier: Mother of Mercy
  16. The Book Of Souls: The Man of Sorrows

1. Iron Maiden: Running Free
  2. Killers: Innocent Exile
  3. The Number Of The Beast: Gangland
  4. Piece Of Mind: Sun and Steel
  5. Powerslave: Two Minutes to Midnight
  6. Somewhere In Time: Streanger in a Strange Land
  7. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: Can I Play with Madness
  8. No Prayer For The Dying: Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter
  9. Fear Of The Dark: Fear is the Key
  10. The X Factor: Look for the Truth
  11. Virtual XI: The Angel and the Gambler
  12. Brave New World: Brave New World
  13. Dance Of Death: Age Of Innocence
  14. A Matter Of Life And Death: Different World
  15. The Final Frontier: Satellite 15/ The Final Frontier
  16. The Book Of Souls: The Man of Sorrows

Iron Maiden: Strange World
Killers: Twilight Zone
The Number Of The Beast: Invaders
Piece Of Mind: Revelations
Powerslave: The Duellists
Somewhere In Time: Alexander the Great
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: The Prophecy/The Clairvoyant
No Prayer For The Dying: Fates Warming
Fear Of The Dark: Wasting Love
The X Factor: Blood on the World's Hands/The Edge of Darkness
Virtual XI: Como estais amigos
Brave New World: Blood Brothers
The Book Of Souls: The Book of Souls

"The Clairvoyant" and "Fates Warning" are among the best songs on their respective albums, IMO.
Fates Warning has a nice solo and that's it. The Clairvoyant is nice but the weakest on the album IMO. Then again it's up against some mighty competition....

Remember Tomorrow
Drifter
Gangland
To Tame a Land
Back in the Village
Heaven Can Wait
Moonchild
Hooks In You
Fear is the Key
2 am
Don't Look To the Eyes of A Stranger
The Fallen Angel
Gates of Tomorrow
Lord of Light
When the Wild Wind Blows
Tears of a Clown

I think the weakest track on Seventh Son is "Can I Play With Madness". Which speaks volumes about the album's overall quality, because this song kicks serious ass.

Fates Warning has a nice solo and that's it.
Couldn't disagree more. The intro has a nice melancholy feel, the verse and chorus riffs and vocal lines are all memorable, and I think the song is one of the most successful on that album. When I had my Maiden mix tape back in the day, "Fates Warning" and "Run Silent Run Deep" were the two tracks I included from NPFTD.
The Clairvoyant is nice but the weakest on the album IMO. Then again it's up against some mighty competition....
The bass intro is great, the major/minor shifts are great, the verse is great, the chorus is absolutely killer (especially that final downward modulation), and the solo is great. Probably one of my favorite Maiden tunes, period.

But then, "The Apparition" is in your top 20 and you think Virtual XI is better than The Number Of The Beast and Piece Of Mind, so we're already in different universes.

Couldn't disagree more. The intro has a nice melancholy feel, the verse and chorus riffs and vocal lines are all memorable, and I think the song is one of the most successful on that album.
I guess, but it also has one of the most meh choruses ever, and while I like the idea of it they really didn't succeed very well lyrically.

"The Apparition" is in your top 20
:ok:

you think Virtual XI is better than The Number Of The Beast and Piece Of Mind
Once more: The albums are all very close to each other. Tonight I'd say VXI is better than the other two, tomorrow I may be going for POM, who knows.

Iron Maiden: Strange World
Killers: Twilight Zone
The Number Of The Beast: Invaders
Piece Of Mind: Revelations
Powerslave: The Duellists
Somewhere In Time: Alexander the Great
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: The Prophecy/The Clairvoyant
No Prayer For The Dying: Fates Warming
Fear Of The Dark: Wasting Love
The X Factor: Blood on the World's Hands/The Edge of Darkness
Virtual XI: Como estais amigos
Brave New World: Blood Brothers
The Book Of Souls: The Book of Souls
Top 10 songs for me :):eek:

I guess, but it also has one of the most meh choruses ever, and while I like the idea of it they really didn't succeed very well lyrically.
Go listen to the chorus of "The Educated Fool" again, and then tell me the chorus of "Fates Warning" is still meh.

Go listen to the chorus of "The Educated Fool" again, and then tell me the chorus of "Fates Warning" is still meh.
Oh yeah, the chorus I used to absolutely hate that through further listenings I've come to enjoy. I fear if I do that I will not help your cause...

Back