Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Metallica

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Van Halen

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
This one will be very close! For me it's Blind Guardian, the third best band in the world (but I'm still pissed off at them for not coming to Scotland).

Metallica, the group's top seed is in danger of falling out, and needs to make a push today

Blind Guardian over Metallica possibly for the next round? And we call ourselves a metal fans forum? I mean, I'm not a fan of Metallica particularly but COME ON.

And in the first stunning upset of the World Cup, Metallica is out of the tournament. (Yes, the fans blame Lulu)
Underdog group third seed, Blind Guardian, emerges as winner and takes the Mighty Zep with them on to the playoff round.
Next up, Group D.

I blame all post-Black Album releases. I am glad we're rid of this overrated band. Must say that they ought to rule live, though. Great setlist programming.

I'm glad too.No band deserves a special treatment and if it can't get enough votes then it is left out.Even if it's called Metallica.

My thoughts on Metallica are influenced by some people who I was at school with playing in a band called Disposable Heroes and only playing Metallica covers, and then claiming that they weren't a Metallica tribute band. :lol: Those guys really killed Metallica for me for a couple of years.

Huge blasphemy. The post Black Album releases simply can't overshadow the power of the first four albums. Ride the Lightning-Master of Puppets-...And Justice for All treble is maybe only second to Powerslave-Somewhere in Time-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Some of the greatest heavy metal albums ever made. Kill 'Em All is also fabulous. I like Death Magnetic more than the Black Album anyway but that's not the case. I'm getting used to the blasphemies on this forum but still, they're blasphemies, I can't ignore that.

Led Zeppelin is fine but Blind Guardian beats Metallica ? Even Blind Guardian themselves wouldn't approve this result, I believe.

Back