Wikipedia donations

John Silver

Electric Buddy
Currently Wikipedia is asking for donations when one visits.
I'm looking for your opinions on this, buddies.

Do you donate your crown or do you just frown?

I am seriously considering giving up some swedish crown, as I use and enjoy Wikipedia quite a lot.

Gimme yer thoughts, please.

Currently? For many years this has been popping up now and then. Never done it, although I am a very frequent passenger.
I am too, buddy which is why I posted this. I enjoy the articles, find them useful. Some are inaccurate, some are disparate. Some are straight, some are great. And 20 sek ain't so much.

I try to send Wikipedia a couple dollars every time I get a prompt. I've thought about setting up a recurring donation - I use Wikipedia literally every day.

Do you get to choose your donation, or is it set, buddy?
I pick my donation based on how much money I'm sitting on. If I'm flush, it might be $20 - about 100 kronor. If I'm not flush, it might only be $2. But as they say, every bit helps.

I pick my donation based on how much money I'm sitting on. If I'm flush, it might be $20 - about 100 kronor. If I'm not flush, it might only be $2. But as they say, every bit helps.
If you're flush I guess there is no rush.
But cheerios for the reply, hot mod.

Do you get to choose your donation, or is it set, buddy?

Completely off topic, but this reminded me of the Canada on Strike South Park episode:

I'm not your buddy, guy!
I'm not your guy, friend!
I'm not your friend, buddy!... LOL.

On topic. I want to get to the point to which I can donate, but everyone begs for money now-a-days, gotta be selective about that too. From Youtuber's patreons, to wikipedia to other printed media... it's ridonculous. But alas, nothing is free.

Most of my time on the internet is spent on Wikipedia and YouTube.

I owe a great deal of my general knowledge to Wikipedia. It's a fantastic "first stop" for intellectual enquiries. Provides you general understanding/core information regarding the topic and usually gives you sources you can use to deepen your research and then you take it from there, looking up other sources and reading the actual works cited and so on. Also, its ability to take you from one place to another via hyperlinks makes it really fun to use. Can be an adventure if you have the time.

Definitely have a great deal of appreciation for it. Donation is tricky though, because Wikipedia is technically still banned here.

For what reason?
Even though it has gotten better, it is still an unreliable source. It is best to check out the reference section of each article rather than trust it out right. Granted, that should be done anyway regardless of source.

Back